cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Wifi, No Onstar, 2022 Silverado

Squareegg
New Contributor

I signed up again for connected services last month. It hasn't worked once. Onstar button doesn't work. I called from my phone but all they say is I'll have to take my truck in to the dealer. I don't have the time to do that. I need my truck and the connected services for work. I thought upgrading the services might trigger something but it didn't. It should also be noted that the brake system, power steering, E brake, traction control all keep flashing codes and telling me to get everything serviced. It's new with 17k on it. Anyway, can I get prorated for the time I've not been able to use the services? Can someone come to me since I work 7 days a week and can't afford not to?

7 REPLIES 7

Advisor_Makayla
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please know if the LED light next to your blue OnStar button in your vehicle is red, flashing red, or not illuminated you may have an issue with your OnStar hardware and are advised to follow up with your dealer for additional assistance. If you would like our assistance connecting with your dealer regarding the OnStar errors you're receiving along with the flashing codes you're experiencing, please send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com and we ask that you have your subject line as ‘ATTN: OnStar Community/Squareegg’ so we can reference back to this post. Be sure to include your VIN, vehicle mileage, contact information, and the name of your servicing dealer in the email as well. Our team will be sure to keep an eye out for your message. 

To learn more about OnStar's Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.onstar.com/us/en/privacy_statement/ The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the OnStar Privacy Statement.

Ksap
New Contributor

I have the same problem with my truck. It's barely 2 years old and the onstar system went out. Called onstar and they said it was a dealer issue.The dealer told me that it would be about a thousand dollars to fix it. Coincidentally,  it stopped working at 37k miles. I told them that I felt that the truck was too new to be having these issues.. I was told that it's normal for them to go out at anytime.

We regret to hear of any ongoing concerns regarding your OnStar hardware. If you need an additional layer of assistance with your Silverado and certified Chevrolet dealer, our team is here to help to the best of our abilities. Kindly email additional details to socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: OnStar Community/Ksap in the subject headline. We hope to hear from you. 

Ksap
New Contributor

Thank you for respondingI think they cost to replace the hardware should be covered by the manufacturer. There's no reason why a 2yr old vehicle should need that hardware placed. I believe it's a manufacturer's defect

We appreciate these details, and truly regret to hear of any frustration caused by these hardware concerns. Again, our team is more than happy to help in any way that we can. Please feel free to email us or dial 1 (800) 222-1020 if you would prefer to speak with a live advisor regarding your dealership experience and OnStar hardware. 

Ksap
New Contributor

The dealership already told me where they stand. Vehicle had 37k miles when the hardware failed so it's out of warranty. I Don't think it's fair to expect the buyer of a new vehicle to pay to replace any module within 2yrs. The only way to help, at this point, is to replace the part at no charge to me. Can you do that?

Our team here can certainly document the feedback you have provided. Again, a live Advisor will be in the best position to help regarding any available options. We do recommend dialing the number above to the best assistance.