cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification of Service Update Bulletins

TominTampa
New Contributor

I would like to suggest that OnStar add any Service Update Bulletins to the section where in the monthly OnStar Diagnostic Report, the owner can see if there is any Service Update Bulletins as you can "To check for recalls and programs on your GM vehicle, click here".  Each month when I receive the Diagnostics Report, I review it and check for any recalls.  Service Update Bulletins do not appear to be included.  I recently scheduled the Tail Gate Recall Campaign on my 2022 Silverado and when I was notified of this recall (both my the DMV required mailing and this link in the Diagnostic Report), I made the appointment at the local Chevrolet dealership to order the tailgate parts and have the recall taken care of.  They also told me in October 6, 2022 that Chevrolet issued a Service Update Bulletin on my truck when it was approximately 1 year old (I purchased it in October of 2021) and 15K miles where this Service Update (reprogramming the SVM software - no parts) would have been taken care of promptly if GM would have notified me.  I have only taken my Silverado back to a Chevrolet Dealership once since purchase (Spring of 2022) for the first, free oil change, but since then I have had no other issues before this recall and I find using a local shop more handy and cost effective for routine maintenance like oil, oil filter and fuel filter changes that my Silverado has required.  Since there is not a good way for Chevrolet/GM to notify their customers of Service Update Bulletins other than take your vehicle to a GM Service Center where they see it when pulling up the VIN, I feel an improvement on GM's part is needed.  If mailing the customer or emailing them about Service Update Bulletins is too costly or too much of a bother for GM, I was hoping that electronically, customer's could be made aware of Service Update Bulletins on their car via this monthly OnStar Diagnostics Report.  Please consider my suggestion as I feel GM did not adequately notify me of this Service Update Bulletin issued nearly 2 years ago and I now am not eligible to have this service done under the base warranty since my trunk has over 40K miles in less than the first 3 years of ownership.  Room to improve here GM.

1 REPLY 1

Advisor_Kayla

We understand your concerns and thank you for sharing this feedback. We appreciate your suggestion about including Service Bulletins along with any extra recall information within the OnStar Monthly Diagnostic Reports. Please know, we take our Members sentiments very seriously and would like you to know that we will be further documenting your statements within our internal system for review and continuous improvement. If you have any other questions or concerns, please send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: OnStar Community/ TominTampa in the subject headline.