cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my GMC app not working after OnStar activated and GMC.com says OnStar no active in my account??

streetrodder
New Contributor

just purchased a 11k mile 2023 GMC2500.  Activated OnStar via truck cabin button and shows active in the vehicle information center.  My GMC account shows no OnStar active and MyGMC mobile app keeps asking me to activate OnStar.  Is there a lag time between when you activate and when it shows in the app?  Prior owner had OnStar and i just wanted to transfer to me.  i  deleted and re installed the mobile app without success, just keeps asking me to activate.  Who can  help resolve this please?

11 REPLIES 11

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. The best way to tell if there is a hardware concern with your vehicle's OnStar hardware is to look at the color of the LED light next to your blue OnStar button. If the light is green, you should be able to connect with an advisor by pushing the blue button. If the LED light is red or there is no color when your vehicle is on, there may be a concern with the hardware which needs to be addressed by your preferred dealership. Feel free to send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OS Community/YukonDon76" in the subject line with any further questions. 

We would be happy to take a closer look at these errors, Johnny, and help however we can. Feel free to email us at socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OS Community/HonestJohnny" in the subject line and we'll be happy to discuss further.