cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mybuick app problems

dkarp1138
New Contributor II

Going to make a separate topic, maybe this will help someone else along with me....

2020 Buick Encore, app will not load/show vehicle status. (tire pressure, oil life, fuel left, etc.) It works fine for remote start, lock and unlock. Has been going on since I purchased vehicle Jan 28th or so.

Vehicle shows on map, but will not do location alerts. 

Cannot change wifi hotspot SSID or password. Able to type a different name and password in the fields, but when I hit save, nothing changes. Same problem with buick.com site, under account, connected vehicle, vehicle settings, get the error message Whoops, invalid data or something like that. 

I have discovered that with the vehicle running, i can attempt to change the SSID and password with the app, it looks like it doesn't change, but then i can open the website and see in vehicle settings that it has changed. Then going into the infotainment Onstar menu, wifi settings, it has changed to what i entered. however in the radio wifi menu, settings, wifi, manage wifi networks, the name and SSID remain unchanged. ( the one with the car wifi symbol- cant delete it or edit it, only view name and password. Is it supposed to be there?) After an ignition cycle, the Onstar wifi menu ssid name and password change back to what is in the radio wifi menu.

Onstar has a case open , I just get a call from someone about once a week, asking if it's working yet, and saying we're still working on it. 

At this point I have little confidence that it will ever work. Free trial is almost done, I will not pay for Onstar without this working. Losing faith in GM, Buick, and Onstar....

4 REPLIES 4

MWB
New Contributor

I’m having the same issue.  My vehicle status does not update.  My back wheel tire pressure showed low.  I filled the tires to the correct pressure.  The app will not update to the current tire pressure.  I even tried deleting the app and re-installing.  Didn’t help.

mimiminn
New Contributor

Same here. My new Chevy Equinox has less than 400 miles on it and the vehicle status on my app stopped working a week ago. Have jumped through all of the Onstar troubleshooting, three times. Still stuck at 311 miles and 20% fuel, with no tire indications. I'm soon giving up on it.

Thank you kindly for providing us with the troubleshooting steps you have already taken regarding your Vehicle Status. Moving forward, we do recommend completing a Power Cycle to attempt to update your mobile app. You can do so by turning the vehicle's ignition on for at least 2 minutes and turning the ignition off. We recommend waiting 2-5 minutes so the data can be collected. If you're still having trouble, please wait 2-3 minutes and refresh the app again, as status may take a few minutes to update. 

We do regret to hear of any frustration the Vehicle Status feature has caused. For additional troubleshooting, we do recommend ensuring that “Do Not Disturb” mode and “Power Saving Mode/Low Power Mode” are turned off. Power saving mode may disable/delay certain app permissions and functions from working properly to conserve battery. If enabled, “Do Not Disturb” may prevent you from receiving message alerts.