cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GMC App not connecting to vehicle

GMCpickup
New Contributor

Just purchased a new GMC less than a week ago 

Downloaded My GMC Mobile App > Added vehicle by VIN but doesnt connect > keeps directing me to onstar to connect to services > call onstar through blue button > ask me for credit card info for free trial, really? > talk with onstar rep and confirm account is active on 3 month trial > app still says press onstar button to connect? and profile says vehicle is not set up with connected services > uninstalled and reinistalled app several times still not connecting

try to add vehicle through QR code from in-vehicle app but says the owner needs to enable family sharing?

Bluetooth is working fine for android auto though

3 REPLIES 3

Advisor_Helen

Thank you for providing these details. To clarify, have you made sure to link your GMC Account with your OnStar account? This is a crucial step for integrating your Connected Services into your app. Be advised, if you are the Owner Proxy or Driver on the account, you must consult with the Owner to authorize this change. If you are the OnStar account Owner, please follow the steps below to link your accounts.

1. Log into your GMC Account via GMC.com or experience.GM.com
2. Once logged in, click on "Plans & Services” from the navigation bar
3. Enter either your OnStar account number or your username (email address associated to your OnStar account)
4. Choose your method of verification (email or text message)
5. Select "Send code"
6. Check either your email address or phone to locate the verification code
7. Once found, enter the verification code into the GMC Account Website
8. Click "Link account" to finish.

Once you have successfully linked your accounts, please log out and then back into your app with your GMC Account credentials. Should you find that these options are not visible to you on the GMC Account site, it's likely that you've already linked your accounts. If these steps do not resolve your concern, please let us know. 

Ncope031581
New Contributor

Mine is also doing the exact same thing.

That is not the app experience we for our customers. Have you tried the above steps? If not let us know, and we will be glad to further assist.