cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vehicle status will not update in app, 2021 Colorado

Rmiller13
New Contributor
Rmiller13_0-1723403110189.png

This has been an on-going issue for my 2021 Colorado for nearly 2 months. Pay for remote access plan and the app has not updated since 6/21/24!  When I tested the app on 2 different Android phones, there was no change in vehicle status in the app. Things like remote lock/unlock and start still work, but "glitchy". Vehicle Diagnostics viewed from the MyChevrolet website are current and somewhat up to date, but the same information is not reflected in the mobile app. The truck seems to be still communicating with Onstar services correctly, but that same information isn't being updated on the mobile app correctly. My phone shows connected to vehicle when truck is running, but app still will not update vehicle status.

For troubleshooting, I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app, cleared caches, and have restarted the phone numerous times. Have deleted phone from vehicle and reinstalled, nothing changes, app still states last connection 6/21/24.

1 REPLY 1

Advisor_Kayla

Our team understands how this Vehicle Status concern has caused frustration, and we would like to ensure that you are able to use all the features within your mobile app. If you have not yet, we ask that you please try a Power Cycle to help update your app:

1. Turn ignition on for at least 2 minutes
2. Turn ignition off and wait 2-5 minutes (so data can be collected)
3. Log out of the app and log back in - this may help the app refresh
4. If the concern is still not resolved, please wait 2-3 minutes and refresh the app again, as the status may take a few minutes to update
5. Drive the vehicle around for a few minutes to allow data to refresh on the app
6. Uninstall and reinstall the app

If these troubleshooting steps don't help to resolve your concern, please send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OS Community/Rmiller13" in the subject headline so we may investigate further on our end.