cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyCadillac - Charge Status

New Contributor

MyCadillac Lyriqs charge status will not show in the app.  I have full access to all of the other functions such as remote start, temperature control and can view tire pressure.

However, the main thing i need for an electric car, is to see my Charge Status.

I’ve gone through several tiers of MyAp support, however, Tier 3 has never contacted me and I’ve taken it to the dealer with no luck.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

I’ve already uninstalled, reinstalled, used my iPad, wife’s phone and etcetera.  

Thank you.

27 REPLIES 27

Jayplat
New Contributor

I seem to have had no ends of trouble with my brand new Cadillac Lyriq. All are getting resolved but frustrated to have to work this hard on a new car. My app also doesn’t show charging info and now even the picture of the Lyriq is gone. Since most of the responses above show to email  I did that and hopefully I can have this resolved. I have already deleted and reinstalled. 

Bleudiesel
New Contributor II

I had a 2010 CTS wagon with the latest 4G transmitter installed. Suddenly October 2022 the tire pressures stopped being shown on my monthly report. All other information showed correctly. For 15 months ending in early 2024 the situation was never resolved no matter how many times I connected to OnStar help. At one point I got to know some of the agents! In any case finally was suggested I use the Guardian APP. So I sold the car. I do not use OnStar on my 3 remaining GM products either. Problems just do not get resolved.

mlstever
New Contributor II

What really disturbs me is that it seems to me that GM (cadillac) is not reacting as this is a priority customer issue.  If it's OnStar who should be addressing this issue then why haven't they.  I've called and done everything suggested by those in this forum and others.  I've done what OnStar has asked and still no resolve.  Why would I purchase any service from OnStar if this is the kind of support they're giving?  I can say this, I will not be signing to extend any plan offered by OnStar if this issue on my new car isn't resolve.  Period!!!

mlstever
New Contributor II

I wish the moderators (advisors) would stop telling people to send in an email.  This is just a run around and I don't know anyone on this thread who has had any success going this email and callback route.  Why don't they just post what they're doing about this issue and when they expect to have it fixed.  They could also offer a procedure we can follow if they have one.  Clearly they don't have a solution, just an appeasement process.   Please please get this resolved.  I like many others on this thread feel the lack of charging information is paramount and considered the most valuable feature of the app.  It's time to get this fixed... not later!

Jayplat
New Contributor

I agree. I decided to take a chance on the Lyriq after owning my Tesla for a few years now. Wanted to give another company a chance but am sorely disappointed. I pay $99 a year for my Tesla connected services which gives me a ton of services, streaming, gaming etc. OnStar charges much more for what seems like less. I knew it would be more for these services but did believe at the very least I would get a higher degree of service and quality and there I was sorely mistaken.  Every new car has its issues but I do expect better service from this brand. 

BigLou
New Contributor

Interestingly enough, as of yesterday, the charge status is now showing correctly in the top left corner of the myCadillac app, and there is now a section on the home screen showing the current charge status as well as a link to "Charge Management" where I can set the target charge level, set the charge mode, see the efficiency, set up notifications, etc.  It may have begun to work before yesterday, but I have not gone into the app in a couple of days.  I have not changed anything on my end; I haven't even driven the car in a couple of days.  I checked the last update of the app and it hasn't been updated since I installed it a couple of weeks ago (Android), so I don't believe it was an app update and I assume it was an update on the OnStar side (you know what happens when you assume...).  You might want to try it out and see if it's working for you now...

MAGnificent23
New Contributor

Is there a reason why the myCadillac app takes a minute or longer to show my vehicles battery status and range? Also because of the lag I am not able to remote start with the Apple Watch at all. 

Thank you for bringing these Vehicle Status concerns to our attention. To clarify, have you ensured that you are using the most up-to-date version of the mobile app? If not, you can uninstall and reinstall the myCadillac app to your device. If you continue to experience trouble with your smart watch and load time within the app, please email us additional details to socialmedia@gm.com with  ATTN: OnStar Community/MAGnificent23 in the subject headline. We hope to hear from you.