cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Star module

JamRock
New Contributor

I have a 2023 GMC Denali and the Onstar Module stop working over a month now. Took it to the dealership the ordered the part but they have not received or have an ETA on the part since. What is the deal with this part that is is so difficult to order?

9 REPLIES 9

Advisor_Erin

We know part delays aren't ever ideal. If you'd like us to provide you with an additional layer of support throughout this process, please send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com with "GMC/JamRock" in the subject line so we can best assist. 

lightprism
New Contributor

I have a 2022 GMC Denali Ultimate and the OnStar module has already failed with 10,000 miles on it. Took the dealer 4 days to diagnose. Now the problem is that this OnStar module used in soooo many GMC and Chevy vehicles is not available and no ETA as to eventual availability. And my forced OnStar subscription for a non-functioning unit runs out in 2025.

To further add insult, there are over 30 new GMC/Chevy vehicles with the exact same module needed sitting on the dealer's lot. To have a 2022 high$ vehicle with an almost new common part needed unavailable with no idea when the part will be available is ludicrous. Checking online, many folks with my new era vehicles have waited months for their OnStar module to become available.

We understand how frustrating long wait times for repairs can be. Our team would be glad to contact your dealership to learn more about the delay. To get started please email us at socialmedia@gm.com with "GMC/lightprism" in the subject line.

Husker22
New Contributor

I have a 2023 GMC Yukon Denali. The Onstar module failed. Dealer said its back ordered also. No time frame. This part controls a lot on the Yukon. No rear TV's, Speed limit, Onstar, maps,clock, ect. Onstar subscription is still going. Its sad to have a vehicle this nice and new and cant get a module. Any help?

That situation with your OnStar module must be very frustrating. Our team would absolutely be glad to help and look into this for you. To get started, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OS Community/Husker22" in the subject line.

JStine
New Contributor

I have the same issue with my 2022 Yukon XL Denali…module out and no eta for part. So annoying to pay for a service that I can’t even use. To make matters worse, a month after I took it in I had to call the dealer for a status update on the part and I was told expected ship date was 7/11/24. Called again today, now no eta on when the part will ship. Probably never get a call when/if it ever comes in. Guess I’ll cancel the OnStar subscription because it’s useless right now.

Our team understands how frustrating long wait times for parts can be. While parts delays are sometimes unavoidable, our team would still be glad to look into this for you. Please send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OS Community/Jstine" in the subject line for further assistance.

osugigi26
New Contributor

2023 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali Carbon Pro

Bought with 10,000 miles. Have had it in service multiple times. Now the onstar module is out and has been for over 3 months. Dealership said it is on backorder. I bought this truck because it had the functions I need in order to drive safely as I have some disabilities. I am paying for a truck that most of the reasons I purchased the vehicle do not function. I am very disappointed in the level of service GMC has provided to their customers. What is the solution for this issue? Do customers receive any compensation for all of the time they are waiting for a new part? This is a safety issue for customers. I would think GMC would make this a high priority and let customers know the ETA to receive a new part, etc. This isn't the only problem I have had with my vehicle and it is very frustrating and disappointing. I am paying for a product that repeatedly has to go to the dealership for service and some of the most important features so not work and it affects my driving as well as my safety.

Our team takes your safety and security extremely seriously. We understand the frustrations that ongoing part delays can cause, and we would like to help. Again, sending us an email with additional details is the next best step. This will allow us to further connect with your dealership and provide any available assistance. To start this process, you can send us more information to socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: OnStar Community/osugigi26 in the subject headline.