cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Flat Tire Alert

mmcfadin
New Contributor

I received an email alert this morning that both rear tires on my truck are flat. Checked the vehicle and both tires are fine. Mobile App also showing 0 psi.  Very annoying.  This is the 3rd false alert on tire pressure I have received since purchasing my truck in July. 

5 REPLIES 5

Advisor_Chris

Hello there. The last thing we want is for you to be dissatisfied with your mobile app. Our team would be happy to look into this further. So we can assist you further, please send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com. Be sure to include ATTN: OnStar Community/mmcfadin in the subject headline. 

Pups
New Contributor

I went thru the exact same issue at 530am this morning , Just had a new OnStar module installed last week because the other one failed . NEVER had issues like this until now WHY ?

We understand how frustrating it can be when your OnStar is not working properly. . If you are still having concerns, please send us an email with additional details to socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OS Community/Pups" in the subject headline. Our team will keep an eye out for your reply. 

bplu187
New Contributor

I also received a FALSE FLAT TIRE ALERT for both rear tires of my Escaldade ESV.  Both rear as well.

They are fine and the diagnostic on the vehicle itself shows the PSI is fine and in good condition.

mmcfadin
New Contributor

I may have found the reason for these false alerts. I had my vehicle setup to connect to my home wifi when I pulled into my garage. Thought it would help with getting updates.  My wifi signal is weak in the garage which made connection flaky. I removed my home wifi from the vehicle and haven't had this false flat alert since.  Figure the flaky wifi network connection in my garage was causing problem for vehicle to communicate its status to GM servers.   Before that, I was getting false flat. alert almost every 4 weeks and they all occurred in wee hours of the morning.