cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myBuick Vehicle Status Unavailable

Mousky
New Contributor II

2015 Buick Enclave - myBuick Version 6.22.2 (4316)

Vehicle Status has been unavailable for about 3 weeks. Keeps saying "Unable to Connect" and 'There was an issue connecting". I can remote start and lock/unlock my vehicle.

The app will locate the vehicle on the Map, however, I am not receiving any Location Alerts on my phone - Notify Me is on. 

I have deleted the cache, deleted data, logged out, and uninstalled / reinstalled the app multiple times with the same results. 

19 REPLIES 19

dkarp1138
New Contributor II

OK, this is getting ridiculous. Still no solution from Onstar. 

Main problem now is: wifi hotspot is not working. Trying to edit the SSID and password in the app does not work. Trying to edit the SSID and password on the buick.com site in my account, vehicle settings, does not work. Keep getting the error message: "Whoops! The information provided is invalid. Please try again." No matter what i put in the field. Then it just reverts to what shows in the radio and onstar wifi menu.

in the app, it just doesnt change. I can type anything but when i hit save, nothing changes. 

Also, as before, my phone does not see the hotspot. no matter what i do with the infotainment menu, it is not available. it shows in the onstar wifi menu; and the radio wifi menu, but my phone does not see it. 

I am almost at the end of the free trial, definitely not going to pay for Onstar without this working. Might just be done with Onstar, GM  and Buick for good. 

halzg
New Contributor II

I'm having a similar issue.  I purchased a 2021 Silverado in late February with a free one month trial.  The MyChevrolet app has never worked at all.  I get the "service unavailable" message each time I try to log in.  I've talked with an advisor twice in the car, and though the website, and I talked with a technical team member via phone, but none of them can resolve the issue.  It sounds like there is some kind of serious system issue.  Unfortunately, OnStar is too expensive to be worth paying for when certain services don't work.

SunnyT
New Contributor

Same here...2016 Buick Enclave

Vehicle Status has been unavailable for about 3 weeks. Keeps saying "Unable to Connect" and 'There was an issue connecting". I can remote start and lock/unlock my vehicle.

Although If I go the MyBuick online it does show my vehicle status as of 03/19/24

Spent almost an hour on phone with OnStar...nothing

They created a case, so we'll see.

Absolutely ridiculous, just something else we pay for it's not right and no one seems to care to really fix it. 

Very frustrating.

We understand your frustration. If you need an additional layer of assistance regarding your case with our internal Technical Team, kindly email us at socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: OnStar Community/SunnyT in the subject headline. 

pugsycan
New Contributor

My Buick (2015 Enclave) is the same thing I have done everything that has been suggested here with nothing 

There has to be something wrong with the app if there is this many people with the same problem 

We appreciate your outreach and regret to hear of any ongoing concerns with the mobile app. Our team would like to learn more. Please send an email to us at socialmedia@gm.com with the subject line "ATTN: OnStar Community/pugsycan" so we can further help.

Rkryger
New Contributor

MyBuick app will not update.  I can only lock or unlock the vehicle but all other status indications are ‘unable  to upload’. With a please try again later.  But this problem has persisted for at least the past three weeks. 

Thank you for bringing your concern with the myBuick app to our attention. We understand how frustrating it is to be without important app features. That is not the experience we want for our customers. If you haven't already tried, we recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the app as an initial troubleshooting step.  If that does resolve your concern, please send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com with the subject line "ATTN: OnStar Community/Rkryger" 

dkarp1138
New Contributor II

Still waiting for a solution, no one seems to have any idea what's going on. Wifi hotspot not working in addition to all the other problems.

Just get a call once in a while asking if it's working.

This is not the Member experience that we strive to provide. Thank you for bringing these ongoing in-vehicle data troubles back to our attention. Please do not hesitate to re-connect with us via email at socialmedia@gm.com so we may take a further look into things and make any necessary updates to your case.