cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyGMC App will not connect Android phone unable to complete authorization

T-GMCTerrain
New Contributor

I cannot log in to the MyGMC app on my Android phone.  I have tried to uninstall and reinstall and that has not fixed the issue.  I can enter email and password.  I get the email notification with the second security access code, and I enter the code.  After that I get a message that says "Unable to complete authorization as there is no interactive call in progress.  This can be due to closing the app while authorization was in process"

I did not close the app, I did not leave the app, I did not tough the phone after entering the authorization code and the message above is still happening and it will not connect and it will not complete the authorization.  

8 REPLIES 8

dyson123
New Contributor

I have the same issue.  I have tried every troubleshooting step, including removal of my OnStar account and adding it back.  Support has not been able to help. 

I have also tried receiving the code on a different device so that I can make sure I'm staying in the app.  Something in the workflow is failing.

Screenshot_20240716-213224-236.png

See attached image.

We know how frustrating it is when you're unable to log in to your app. Our team would like to look into this further and assist where we can. To get started, please send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OnStar Community/dyson123" in the subject line. We hope to hear from you soon.

Neda
New Contributor

I have THE EXACT problem too (Android 10)

Anonymous
Not applicable

We understand how essential the app is and we're here to help. Please email us at socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OnStar Community/ Neda" in the subject line so we can further assist. 

d8e2br
New Contributor

I am having the same problem. Android 14, Samsung S21. Thanks

Neda
New Contributor

I emailed the above-mentioned address on 10 Aug. which was my third email to OnStar, but nothing is done yet. It seems that they don't have any solution for it. I even installed an older version of the App -as it was fine before- but it did not even let me to try, was forcing me to update! .... Is this problem for those without OnStar subscription?? I tried while in the car and calling OnStar (just the virtual voice, I am not subscribed), but still says "Unable to complete authorization as there is no interactive call in progress. This can be due to closing the app while authorization was in process"

Thank you for letting us know. To look into this further, could please email us at ATTN: OnStar Community/d8e2br in the subject line?

Courtneyhoffman
New Contributor

SAME On my NEW 2025 CHEVY TRAX I cannot log in to the MyGMC app on my Android phone.  I have tried to uninstall and reinstall and that has not fixed the issue.  I can enter email and password.  I get the email notification with the second security access code, and I enter the code.  After that I get a message that says "Unable to complete authorization as there is no interactive call in progress.  This can be due to closing the app while authorization was in process"

I did not close the app, I did not leave the app, I did not tough the phone after entering the authorization code and the message above is still happening and it will not connect and it will not complete the authorization.