cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyChevrolet App - Unable to retrieve account details.

Z71Silverado
New Contributor

I have reinstalled the app. Reset my phone. Made sure app was up to date. Made sure my phone software was up to date. I have not once ever been able to get MyChevrolet app to work. It always does the same thing. Sad too because it's 2023 and most other places have these kinds of things working smoothly since the late 2000s. I hope I get a chance to use this app. The woman keeps talking about Toyota and I'm starting to lose reasons on why I stay so damn loyal to Chevrolet.

Screenshot_20230204-092622.jpg

19 REPLIES 19

Advisor_Erin

Sorry for the difficulties you've been experiencing. Are you receiving any error messages at all? If you continue to have trouble, please email socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: myChevrolet APP / z71Silverado" in the subject line so we can assist.

Z71Silverado
New Contributor

Yes there is an error message: Unable to retrieve account details. Just tried it again a few moments ago. The error message is included in the image with the op.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. So our team can look into your account details further on our end, please email this information to us at the address provided above. We're happy to help. 

Rodney1961
New Contributor

I just purchased a new 2023 Traverse LT and I am also having the same problem. When I sign in it says no account details

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Rodney. First, we suggest that you uninstall/reinstall the app from your device. If you continue having difficulties after this, please send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OS Community/Rodney1961" in the subject line and we'll be happy to assist further. 

JBarthel
New Contributor

I just bought a 2023 RST and I'm having the same issue. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app with no luck... Just says unable to retrieve account details or something like that...

For clarification, have you ensured that your OnStar Account and Chevrolet Account are linked? If you are the OnStar account Owner, please follow the steps below to link your accounts.

1. Log into your GM Account via Chevrolet.com, Buick.com, GMC.com, Cadillac.com, or experience.GM.com
2. Once logged in, click on "Plans & Services” from the navigation bar
3. Enter either your OnStar account number or your username (email address associated to your OnStar account)
4. Choose your method of verification (email or text message)
5. Select "Send code"
6. Check either your email address or phone to locate the verification code
7. Once found, enter the verification code into the GM Account Website
8. Click "Link account" to finish.

Once you have successfully linked your accounts, please log out and then back into your app with your GM Account credentials. Should you find that these options are not visible to you on the GM Account site, it's likely that you've already linked your accounts. If so, and you are still receiving this error, kindly email socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: OnStar Community/JBarthel in the subject headline. We hope to hear from you. 

flamingpyro20
New Contributor

I'm having the same problem too, it says unable to get account info on the Chevrolet app

Omagoch
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue even after a fresh install of the app.