cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Chevrolet app - unable to retrieve....

Amyo
New Contributor

Just bought a 2023 Bolt and trying to use the my Chevrolet app. Can't get past the login page and get the "unable to retrieve account details" error. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, restarted the phone and it just doesn't work. 

What are the next steps? 

4 REPLIES 4

Advisor_Helen

To clarify, have you made sure to link your Chevrolet Account with your OnStar account? This is a crucial step for integrating your Connected Services into your app. Be advised, if you are the Owner Proxy or Driver on the account, you must consult with the Owner to authorize this change. If you are the OnStar account Owner, please follow the steps below to link your accounts.

1. Log into your Chevrolet Account via Chevrolet.com or experience.GM.com
2. Once logged in, click on "Plans & Services” from the navigation bar
3. Enter either your OnStar account number or your username (email address associated to your OnStar account)
4. Choose your method of verification (email or text message)
5. Select "Send code"
6. Check either your email address or phone to locate the verification code
7. Once found, enter the verification code into the Chevrolet Account Website
8. Click "Link account" to finish.

Once you have successfully linked your accounts, please log out and then back into your app with your Chevrolet Account credentials. Should you find that these options are not visible to you on the Chevrolet Account site, it's likely that you've already linked your accounts. If these steps do not resolve your concern, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: OnStar Community/Amyo in the subject headline. 

Juzymcd84
New Contributor

I am having the exact same issue for over a week now.  We have had the app for almost 10 years now with very little issue and the only thing I did in the past few weeks was change an email address.  Now the app won't work, I get the GMC sign in  page, I input my email and password and then I get the "cannot retrieve account details" with two options:  sign out or retry.  Neither do anything for me.  I called Onstar last week about this, it seems like a complete mess.  Our Onstar and GMC accounts are linked. A couple of days after calling it appeared the app was working again and then yesterday I went to start the truck from inside the grocery store and couldn't log in again.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times now.  My phone and all apps are up to date.  I think the Onstar agents gave up on me and closed my service/help order because it looked like it was working again.  But it's not and I can't really think what other things to do.  I almost feel like we need to delete all of our OnStar and GMC accounts and start all over.  All of this started with changing one email address because the old email account provider is ditching their email service.  HELP! Winter is coming and I want to be able to start my truck from inside a store or if I've left it in a parking lot somewhere.  Also the only reason we even have an OnStar subscription is to use this app.  If the app won't work then we don't need our subscription any longer.  Thanks!

Advisor_Chris

This certainly is not the experience that we hope for. Our team would be happy to look into your concerns further. Please send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com. Be sure to include  ATTN: OnStar Community/ Juzymcd84 in the subject headline so we can reference this post. 

Juzymcd84
New Contributor

Ok, thanks for the reply.  I did send the email but haven't heard anything from anyone yet.  And I still cannot use the app.  I can log on to the gmc website on desktop and on mobile (both are on Safari browser) but the app still sends the same error " unable to retrieve account info" with "log out" or "try again" as options.  If I log out it brings up the log in fields.  If I try again I just get the same error message.