cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps will not open in 2021 Silverado Trail Boss LT shows connection error

dermotjones
New Contributor

This is unacceptable! you guys need to fix this issue, I am not able to down load any apps in my new truck. 

I will be calling ever month expecting a credit for the full amount of my services till it's fixed. I will also be reaching out to the the news outfits about this issue. it should not be this hard to figure out what the problem is and fix it.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Advisor_Helen

We appreciate you bringing these infotainment concerns to our attention. We would like to take a further look into things on our end and assist to the best of our abilities regarding any application concerns. So we may, kindly email additional details to socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: OnStar Community/dermotjones in the subject headline moving forward. 

View solution in original post

We truly appreciate you providing us with this experience. Our team here has further documented your sentiments for internal review, and we would like the opportunity to apologize for this situation. Moving forward, do not hesitate to follow-up with us via email if there is anything we can assist with. We are here to help to the best of our abilities. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Advisor_Helen

We appreciate you bringing these infotainment concerns to our attention. We would like to take a further look into things on our end and assist to the best of our abilities regarding any application concerns. So we may, kindly email additional details to socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: OnStar Community/dermotjones in the subject headline moving forward. 

dermotjones
New Contributor

Hello
Thank you for reaching back out to me. I in fact was able to have it fixed this morning at  the dealer, turns out the are 2 recalls on this for the radio to update the software.
However, I have spoken to 6 different Onstar Reps who all gave me 6 different answers on what the issue was.
the first after doing all the painstaking trouble shooting, that is would be escalated to tier 2 support who would give me a call back in 3 days. Never happend.

The second told me to wait 3 hours after resetting everything that is should work after. The third one stated that it would not work till my 3 months vacation free trail was ended it wouldn't work, so I had them cancel that and started paying for the service, still did not work. ( I want 3 month credit)
The 4th rep stated that unless I had the new google service I would not be able to have access to apps. ( needs more training) I didn't even waste my time with this rep.
The fifth rep sounded like she was mad at the world and hated her job. told something similar to the 4th and even stated a supervisor gave her documentation of this fact ( Not true)

And the 6ths and final rep told me that my vehicle was not capable having the on board apps. ( complete lies) as I have the original sticker which clearly states is does. at least she was partly correct in the fact that I needed to go to the dealer to have them download the apps. except they only needed to upgrade the software and I down loaded the apps myself.

All in all I will say, you guys need to do a better job in providing a better customer experience and train your Reps to understand your system and how it works. This is how companies loose customer. 

We truly appreciate you providing us with this experience. Our team here has further documented your sentiments for internal review, and we would like the opportunity to apologize for this situation. Moving forward, do not hesitate to follow-up with us via email if there is anything we can assist with. We are here to help to the best of our abilities.