cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Issues and Enhancement Requests

Roger_Rabbit
New Contributor

GM/OnStar-

I’ve been reading GM/Chevy message boards on and off since getting my first Chevy last year and it seems there is no app feedback or crash reports functionality so I thought this was my best avenue to get some visibility to an issue I continue to have.

When loading the app on my iPhone I’m routinely met with the Try Again we couldn’t load, and or trying to send a remote command - it doesn’t do anything first time but if I do it again it will why such inconsistent performance. A similar issue when trying to use the Apple Watch app (which I love having) but it seems to be very unstable and doesn’t always work, also understanding they are linked.

Also over several posts seems that many people have asked for and maybe at one time it existed Siri Shortcut integration- so since there is also no way to provide direct app feedback or crash reports for the issue above I thought this may be the best route to try and get some visibility to.

Thanks for listening and I’m happy to help provide any other info if needed to help resolve the instability of the app.  I think for the cost for subscribing and what we as consumers pay for the vehicles the app needs some attention.

1 REPLY 1

Advisor_Helen

We do appreciate the details you have shared with our team here. Please know, you can also look up command history within your app for specific failure details & resolution. If you continue to experience this "Try Again" error, we do recommend the following:

1. From the Home Page, select the home menu anchor

2. Scroll down and select “Settings”

3. Select “Command History”

4. You will see the command type, time, date, and if result (Check Mark=Success; Exclamation Point inside a Triangle=Fail). Select the arrow symbol ">" to show failure details for that specific remote command attempt

5. See details on why the command failed and follow steps to fix the problem (each failure shown individually)

For clarification, command history is cleared during an uninstall/reinstall or after a cache clear. If you're experiencing any ongoing errors after troubleshooting, don't hesitate to let us know. Additionally, you can provide us with direct feedback by emailing socialmedia@gm.com with the subject headline ATTN: OnStar Community/Roger_Rabbit. We hope to hear from you soon.