cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 silverado not updating vehicle status

Scottr
New Contributor

Using the app, the vehicle status has not updated since the first day.

I have the phone set as trusted

I have cleared cache and data.

I have rebooted phone

Uninstalled and reinstalled app.

All status is the same aa the first day.

I can start/lock and lock, but no status

Scott

7 REPLIES 7

Advisor_Chris

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As an initial troubleshooting step, please uninstall and reinstall your mobile app. If this does not resolve your concerns, please send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com. Please be sure to include "ATTN: OnStar Community/Scottr" in the subject line so we can best assist. 

ChBrBrown
New Contributor

My brand new sierra has this exact same issue … I have taken the truck to the dealership, spent hours on the phone with onstar , emailed back and forth with the social media team … nothing .. there is literally nobody working on this issue .. I think these are valid lemon law claims .. 

dkarp1138
New Contributor II

I have a very similar issue, except with a used 2020 Buick Encore. I now see lots of messages with this issue on all different years and makes, I wonder if it is indicating a much larger problem with onstars servers, or the latest app update. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help me.

We appreciate you providing us with the troubleshooting steps you have taken. Our team here would like to take a further look into your Vehicle Status concerns on our end. So we may, kindly email additional details to socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: OnStar Community/dkarp1138 in the subject headline. 

Retired25
New Contributor

I have had the same problem the past week or so since purchasing my new 2024 Silverado.  Start and stop and door locks working but no status updates for tire pressures, mileage or fuel. Yesterday I was installing an accessory and unhooked the truck battery for 10-15 minutes or so and now the My Chev app updated. Hopefully it keeps working. Maybe a bad update happened along the way when they enabled the onstar.

Bree2609
New Contributor

Mine is doing this as well. Locks remote start work on my Tahoe but the status oil gas are not updating.

We regret to hear of any concerns with your Vehicle Status feature within the mobile app. If the myChevrolet app is currently up-to-date on your device, we do recommend completing a Power Cycle to update your vehicle insight: 

1. Turn ignition on for at least 2 minutes

2. Turn ignition off and wait 2-5 minutes (so data can be collected)

3. Log out of the myChevrolet app and log back in - this may help the app refresh

4. If the concern is still not resolved, please wait 2-3 minutes and refresh the app again, as the status can take a few minutes to update

5. Drive the vehicle around for a few minutes to allow data to refresh on the app

Feel free to let us know if you these steps work for you.