cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chevy Maps+ Not Working

Jvcalandra
New Contributor

I recently purchased a Connected Vehicle plan for my 2022 Chevrolet Equinox.  I am able to connect to the cars Wi-Fi, and I am able to use streaming apps through my infotainment system (Pandora, Spotify, etc.) but I cannot open or use the new Chevrolet Maps+ app.  When I open the app and go through the initial setup, I get to a screen that says "You need a connected plan in order to use Chevrolet Maps+".  I've tried deleting and re-installing the app.  I've also tried reverting to factory settings and going through the process again, bit still no luck.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

7 REPLIES 7

Advisor_Makayla
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're having trouble with your in-vehicle Wi-Fi Hotspot, we recommend pushing the blue OnStar button inside your vehicle to speak with a live Advisor as they are in the best position to assist. If you continue having concerns after consulting with an OnStar Advisor, please feel free to reach out to our Connection Center Team at 877-558-8352; 9am-8pm (M-Sunday), EST. 

Jvcalandra
New Contributor

Hello Advisor-Makayla.  My problem has not been solved.  I pushed the blue button and spoke with an OnStar representive several times.  Each time I called, I was asked to  go through the same process (re-send signal, turn off car and lock doors for 5 minutes & reatart, uninstall app, re-set radio to factory settings, re-insatall app and try again, etc., etc., etc.).

The Wi-Fi in my car seems to be working fine.  I am able to use other apps such as Pandora and The Weather Channel.  I am also able to connect to the Wi-Fi on my phone and connect to the internet.  The problem seems to be that Chevrolet Maps+ does not recognize that I have a Connected Vehicle Plan.

I purchased this plan for $24.99/month SPECIFICALLY to try out the new Maps+ program.  I hope that a resolution will come soon.  I enjoy the other features of the plan very much, but if I am unable to use the Maps+ app as intended I may opt to cancel the service. 

We appreciate the clarification. At this time, we ask that you please reach out to our Connection Center Team at 877-558-8352 for further assistance. If you need further help after speaking with this team, please send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OS Community/Jvcalandra" in the subject line. 

Energybolt
New Contributor

I’m having the same issue with my 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV. I purchased the premium package to use the maps + and each launch I’m met with the message that I need a connected plan. I have called a few times and haven’t had any resolution. They have opened tickets a couple times and each time they are closed without actually contacting me back. 

Jvcalandra
New Contributor

Hi Energybolt,

My problem was resolved.  A rep called me back last Sunday (Jul 22) and explained that it was a known issue with the Maps+ app and that a solution was being worked on.  The app suddenly began working for me this past Thursday, July 27.

MARIUSZSTEPIEN
New Contributor

I have the same problem. 2023 Chevy Bolt EUV. Called OnStar twice, went through the same process of turning off car, waiting for a reset etc... They said someone would call me back, it never happened. Maps+ still not working. 

ljschoepke
Contributor

I also have issues with call backs on issues.  ie. No calls!!!  I assume this is the same problem as with other businesses.  Not enough employees.