cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onstar - rewards - canceling

Moore2279
New Contributor

If I cancel onstar on my account. Does that mean I would lose my reward points that I've collected? 

Onstar would be the only way to start my vehicle automatically correct?

1 REPLY 1

Advisor_Helen

We appreciate your question. Please know, any Rewards points you previously earned from the purchase of your OnStar plan will not be removed from your My GM Rewards account. With this, if you do cancel your OnStar services, you will no longer earn Rewards points for the plan. You can learn more by visiting https://experience.gm.com/support/account/rewards/earn-points. 

Additionally, an active connection to OnStar is required to utilize the myChevrolet, myBuick, myGMC, or myCadillac mobile apps. An applicable OnStar plan is required to utilize the Remote Key Fob feature, which allows you to start your vehicle directly from your mobile device. To explore any available Remote Start installation options, we do recommend connecting with your preferred GM certified dealership directly. They will be more than happy to help. With this, feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions.