cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Wifi Hotspot STILL

Flanagand505
New Contributor

I have not had a WiFi Hotspot since May.  I have had 2 visits to the Dealer and at least 6 lengthy calls to OnStar with NO RESOLUTION.  The Dealer says it's OnStar and OnStar keeps saying they are "escalating" a ticket and someone will call but no-one EVER calls.  I am so frustrated that I am ready to cancel all of my OnStar on 2 vehicles.  I travel for work and need Apple CarPlay to connect and it does not because there is no Hotspot signal but there used to be before the middle of May.  I paid a lot of money for my 2022 Traverse and need this to work.  What is the problem here - I can see I am not the only one that is having this problem.  OnStar?

5 REPLIES 5

Advisor_Makayla
Community Manager
Community Manager

We understand how frustrating these repeat In-Vehicle Wi-Fi concerns must be. Our team would be happy to check on the status of your escalated case. So we may do so, please send us an email at socialmedia@gm.com and we ask that you have your subject line as ‘ATTN: OnStar Community/Flanagand505’ so we can reference back to this post. Please also include your first and last name along with your OnStar account number. We'll be sure to keep an eye out for your message. To learn more about OnStar's Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.onstar.com/us/en/privacy_statement/ The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the OnStar Privacy Statement.

jonnyg93
New Contributor

I am in the same boat. It's ridiculous what we pay for these services in our vehicles and then get no resolve when there's a problem. Still waiting on the email and call I'm supposed to get from a level 3 tech. 

Our team here is more than happy to ensure you are contacted by the appropriate internal parties. So we may, send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: OnStar Community/jonnyg93 in the subject headline. 

Susiefun
New Contributor

I'm having the same or similar issues as so many others. Love all the automated onstar replies giving us more work to do since we haven't wasted enough time already. The automated reply above my message is especially encouraging. "So we may, send us an email to......." That part of the reply really gives me hope and confidence. Hope this gets fixed soon but not counting on it.

Thank you for bringing your Wi-Fi Hotspot concerns to our attention. Please know, we are here to assist to ensure your concerns are addressed to your satisfaction. So, our team can take the opportunity to learn more about your Wi-Fi concerns and provide a resolution, we encourage you to send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com. Be sure to include ‘ATTN: OnStar Community/Susiefun’ in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.