cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased App Access plan on 2024 XT4 and Still Unable to Use Maps or Hear Text Messages

RobN
New Contributor

My trial ended and when I receive a text message, I get an error that I need to purchase a plan to hear the message. Google Maps also doesn't work. I called Onstar and was told that if I purchased App Access, both would work.  Unfortunately,  I am still getting errors. How do I fix this?

4 REPLIES 4

Advisor_Nicole
Community Manager
Community Manager

This doesn't sound right. Please note, the App Access plan does provide access to these services. With this in mind, please try these troubleshooting steps below. 

1. From the home screen click Settings > Connections
2. From the Connections Menu, please be sure your connected to your desired network
3. Once connected, Location services will need to be enabled
4. To do so, select Settings from the Home screen
5. Then, Privacy > Location Services > Location Services for OnStar 
6. From there, ensure Location Services are toggled to On

Should these steps not help, please return back to the home screen. Then, hold down on the Home button for 20 seconds. This will perform a soft reset to your Google Built-In system. If you're still experiencing concern after trying these steps, please just let us know. 

RobN
New Contributor

PXL_20240302_173543865.jpg

This is what I see when I try to use maps or get at text message when driving. When I called Onstar, the rep told me app access is all I needed to get this working again.  I did check location services and it is turned on as well.

RobN
New Contributor

Still doesn't work, what do I need to do to get this fixed?

We appreciate the follow-up. So our team may further investigate, kindly send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: OnStar Community/RobN in the subject headline. We hope to hear from you.