cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyGMC app not updating vehicle status since OnStar had to refresh my wifi signal a week ago.

BigErn8794
New Contributor

I have a 2024 Sierra 1500 and my vehicle status has not changed since OnStar had to refresh my wifi signal in my truck 7 days ago.  I don't know if there are any similarities but the vehicle stopped updating after the refresh.  I have already done the power cycle of the truck (run for 2 minutes...off for at least 2 min...sign out of the MyGMC app and back in...have also uninstalled and reinstalled several times).  I also have another vehicle in the app and it is updating just fine.  The link seems to be the truck but not sure.  

7 REPLIES 7

Advisor_Helen

Thank you for reaching out and providing us with the troubleshooting steps you have already taken. Our team here would like to take a further look into your account details on our  end. So we may, kindly email socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: OnStar Community/BigErn8794 in the subject headline. 

Kristenalmonte
New Contributor

Was this ever fixed for you? I’m having the same problem now. I have had my 2023 GMC terrain for one year now and all of a sudden, when I try to turn my car on through the app, it says “failed“. I googled somewhere and it told me to reach out to OnStar but when I push the OnStar button in my truck, it doesn’t connect to anything. What was the fix to this? I have deleted the app several times with no avail..

Hello again. Our team does appreciate this additional information. To clarify, can you please provide us with the color of the LED light near your OnStar hardware? If the light is red, this may mean service is needed and a visit to your certified GMC dealership might be required. If you have completed any previous troubleshooting and are still experiencing concerns, kindly let us know moving forward. 

Kanddthompson
New Contributor

I'm having a similar problem since I've resigned up to my Onstar service. App says vehicle hasn't been connected in 4 days yet I'm a daily driver. Anyone else?

We do regret to hear of any concerns with the Vehicle Status feature. To clarify, have you also had the opportunity  to run a Power Cycle to assist in updating your vehicle data? If not, you can follow the steps listed below for further troubleshooting:

1. Turn ignition on for at least 2 minutes

2. Turn ignition off and wait 2-5 minutes (so data can be collected)

3. Log out of the myGMC app and log back in - this may help the app refresh

4. If the concern is still not resolved, please wait 2-3 minutes and refresh the app again, as the status can take a few minutes to update

5. Drive the vehicle around for a few minutes to allow data to refresh on the app

If you have any questions regarding this, kindly let us know. 

Kanddthompson
New Contributor

Did all of those things and still not working

We appreciate the follow-up. So we may take a further look into your account details, we kindly ask that you send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: OnStar Community/Kanddthompson in the subject headline. We hope to hear from you.