cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi

try54
New Contributor II

wifi hotspot not working after remote startup.  2020 chevy silverado..  the wifi has been "reset" x2 from on-star.   is this a chevyissue or onstar issue ?   thx

29 REPLIES 29

ca2jones
New Contributor

Same issue; 2020 Traverse. Same response; Call Onstar / Reset signal / Wait it out.

In Canada, we don't have great wifi plans so doesn't interfere there, but it does remove the streaming SirusXM stations.

RussXT6
New Contributor

My Cadillac XT6 had this… 2 weeks ago they resolved but now happening again… they better fix or a lot of us will be canceling it sounds. Love it when it does work… I just called OnStar from car button and they hung up 2 times… oh boy!!!

Hi there. Our team is happy to look into your Wi-Fi concerns further on our end and see how we may assist. To get started, please send us an email with more details to socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OnStar Community/RussXT6" in the subject line. We'll keep an eye out for your message. To learn more about our privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. 

fiedlerd
New Contributor

I have been having this same or similar issue recently as well. It was noticed after the dealership did a software update to the MyLink / radio software because the entire radio/screen would reboot if you changed the volume and sometimes even if you didn't. I can see the SSID that I created and am able to connect to it however my phone appears to not stay connected and it does not automatically reconnect if you shut the vehicle off. Is this a hardware issue within the vehicle or is a software/firmware issue within the vehicle hardware or is it something else. I would love to know so that I can get it resolved as well. I have reached out directly to OnStar they claimed everything appears from their end. Let me know.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. To see how our team may assist, please send us an email with these details to socialmedia@gm.com and "ATTN: OnStar Community/fiedlerd" in the subject line. We hope to hear from you soon. ~Carol

HuskyChev9188
New Contributor

Finally I found others with this issue. This has been happening to my 2020 Traverse for the past year.

They've reset the wifi many times by onstar. Dealership has replaced the radio, checked the Ethernet cable but it still can't be fixed.

They can't even replicate it. I have video of this and have shown the dealer so they know it exists. In the end, I was basically told it's unfixable.

Be nice this could be figured out.

We certainly regret to hear of these concerns you're experiencing with your In-Vehicle WiFi. As an initial step, we recommend pushing the blue OnStar button in your vehicle to speak with a live Advisor. They will be in the best position to troubleshoot these concerns. If you continue to have trouble, please feel free to send and email to socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OnStar Community/HuskyChev9188" in the subject line so we can further assist.

try54
New Contributor II

when the wifi does not connect, you cannot call ONSTAR to get help.... go figure.

House417
New Contributor II

Yup!!!!! 🙄🤦‍:male_sign:

HuskyChev9188
New Contributor

Sent an email because I've done the whole OnStar advisor button and brought it in the dealership to be fixed/looked at.

This issue is only present when using the key remote start. I'm no professional in the auto industry but that sounds like some type of electrical short to make it do this.