cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi connected with no internet

CaptJay
New Contributor

Same issue......onstar sent numerous signals to vehicle with no luck. Was told to go to dealer, dealer says system is ok that it is an onstar issue. I even signed up for the unlimited data plan thinking that may have been an issue.....still not working......have had many GM vehicles over the years and never an issue......very frustrating!

13 REPLIES 13

Advisor_Chris

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our team would like to learn more information on your experience. Please send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com. Please be sure to include "ATTN: OnStar Community/CaptJay" in the subject line so we can best assist. 

JP87
New Contributor

Mine is doing the same thing, connects to hotspot but not to the internet. I’ll bet it is a provisioning issue on the providers end.

We appreciate you bringing these connection concerns to our attention. If you need an additional layer of assistance regarding your in-vehicle data, please send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: OnStar Community/JP87 in the subject headline moving forward. We are more than happy to take a further look into things on our end. 

John134
New Contributor

So my 2022 Chevy Silverado truck is having the same problem basically..  I have no light on my onstar and Wi-Fi will connect to my truck but has no enternet. Any1 find a fox for this? Like maybe a fuse,? Or something???  Let me know what to do.. the next available day I can bring it in is Jan 24th and I need my truck working for work 

If the light next to your vehicle's blue OnStar button is not illuminated or is red, we do recommend that you visit your preferred GM dealership for assistance. Feel free to email us at socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OS Community/John134" in the subject line with any further questions. 

BenG
New Contributor

2023 GMC Sierra. Same issues. No internet in truck. No onstar. I’ve tried everything. Very frustrating. 

We would like to learn more regarding these service concerns, Ben. If you continue to have trouble, please send us an email with additional details to socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OS Community/BenG" in the subject headline. Our team will keep an eye out for your reply. 

LT
New Contributor

after 5 different case numbers and going back and forth with the on-star reps, I did find a simple remedy that did work: just disconnect the negative cable from the battery for about 30 seconds and reconnect., it's just that simple and it worked for me.  hopefully, it'll work for you

Our team is glad to hear that your concern has been resolved. We really appreciate you sharing a solution that worked for you.