cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Cruise Bay Area I-80, 680 etc

eventseeker
New Contributor

Where can I test Super Cruise?  The road says compatible, but I can not get it to work.  I have not had it work since I bought the vehicle in Feb, it is a 2023 Denali with Super Cruise/Lane Change etc.

Never get the White icon, and when I click when in Adaptive Cruise - says (Super Cruise Unavailable)

Thoughts?

1 REPLY 1

Advisor_Helen

Super Cruise can only be used on limited-access freeways that are separated from opposing traffic and accessible by entrance and exit ramps only. We do recommend visiting https://www.gmc.com/connectivity-technology/super-cruise for more map information moving forward. We have also listed the steps to utilize Super Cruise functionality below: 

Step 1: Press the ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL button on the steering wheel to turn on the system. The symbol will illuminate in white on the instrument cluster. If the system is already set, the symbol will be green with a speed shown.

Step 2: When Super Cruise detects the driver is on a compatible highway, paying sufficient attention and all other driving conditions are met (lane markings visible, GPS available, no system faults, etc.), the Super Cruise symbol illuminates in white on the instrument cluster.

Step 3: When it is safe to do so, press the SUPER CRUISE button on the steering wheel to engage Super Cruise. When the symbol and the steering wheel light bar illuminate in green, the driver may remove their hands from the steering wheel. The driver should not remove their hands from the steering wheel unless the light bar is green, indicating Super Cruise is steering the vehicle.

Step 4: If an Adaptive Cruise Control speed was not previously set, the current speed will be the cruise set speed used by Super Cruise.

If you continue to have any questions or concerns, feel free to send us an email at socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: OnStar Community/eventseeker in the subject headline. We are more than happy to help to the best of our abilities.