cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection! Help!

Lauren5159
New Contributor

I can connect to my wifi but there is no internet connection. Onstar has pushed updates, reconfigured what they could, and said to go to the dealership. The dealership said everything is good on their side so it’s an onstar issue. I’ve also tried to disconnect the battery and reconnect with no luck. Are there any other tips I can try?? Thank you!

25 REPLIES 25

jjameson68
New Contributor

I purchased my 2023 GMC Canyon on Saturday June 24th and have had internet issues ever since then. My Google maps bounces my location all over the place and goes haywire when I get close to a destination or do frequent turns. My wifi and internet is basically non-existent. When I run a speed test on a tablet that's connected to the OnStar hot spot I get about 3mbps download and the upload speed doesn't even register. I have created a case with OnStar and they have sent multiple refresh signals but none have worked. I also tried unplugging the negative to the battery for about 5 minutes and then reconnecting, that fixed the issue for about 10 minutes but then the internet went back down to its old slow speeds again. What is my next step or how can I resolve this? Very frustrating considering I just spent $50,000 on this truck. 

This certainly isn't the new vehicle ownership experience we want you to have. Our team would be happy to look into the status of your case with our OnStar Technical Team and determine the next best steps toward a resolution. To get started, please send us an email with these details to socialmedia@gm.com and "ATTN: OnStar Community/jjameson68" in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you. 

kjsch95
New Contributor

I am having an issue as well.  I have a 2019 Cadillac XT5.  I had wifi when I first bought the vehicle, but cancelled it.  I have it in my husband's GMC Sierra.  Works fine.  I tried to add it to my car last week when we took a trip.  Everything was extremely slow.  Videos will not come up or work on my phone or my kids.  I talked to Onstar at least 8 times.  They said everything looked good on their end.  I reset my phone and car settings but its not just my phone, also my kids.  However, I do have an older laptop.  I can get service on it.  It plays youtube and FB videos when connected to the wifi, but my phone will not!!    

Hi there. We regret to hear you're having trouble with your in-vehicle Wi-Fi. There are several factors that can contribute to the coverage received in your vehicle and recommend visiting https://www.onstar.com/support/coverage-map to ensure your area in included. If you're still having trouble with the speed of your Wi-Fi, we recommend continuing to work with our Internal Technical Teams by pushing the blue OnStar button in your XT5. 

Lynninkokomo
New Contributor

Same issue. Sent an email as suggested by all the others users, but disappointed not to find the answer here since it seems like a common issue.  

happy4life
New Contributor II

Just realized we're having the same problem. Called on-star and they did some stuff, that didn't work. Now, they want us to take it back to the dealer. Trying to figure out how long we have been paying for both and it hasn't been working. Blue button doesn't even work. First time we have ever had a problem with on-star or wifi since owning a truck capable for these services. UGH Stopping to dealership tomorrow on our way to doctor's appointment. Didn't pay all this money for a new vehicle to have all these headaches.

MLeitch
New Contributor

I've gone to and fro with both Onstar and the dealer this very issue without absolutely no resolution. Really need to get this resolved by GM now.

happy4life
New Contributor II

Found out a module went bad in our 2022 truck. Part just came in so hopefully but the 1st of January it will be up and working. Crazy to think something would go bad in a new truck we've only had 6 months. Just glad they figured out what was wrong! 🙂

Advisor_Erin

We would love the chance to look into this further for you, Lauren. Please send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OS Community/Lauren5159" in the subject line so we can best assist. 

Hi there. Please send us an email so we can learn more about your concerns and look into ways to assist. You can connect with us at socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OS Community/MLeitch" in the subject line.