cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

85k Canadian Truck Data Plan doesnt Transfer to US

RdMDguy
New Contributor

Bought a 2023 Yukon Denali with every single option possible. The truck was originally built as a Canada market truck. Now that it's converted by a US Dealer and I bought it OnStar claims the 36 month unlimited data plan doesn't transfer to the US. So after spending all this money on the truck they expect me to start paying for the data plan just to get the features of my truck. Where is the lawsuit sign up page? This is insane!

3 REPLIES 3

Advisor_Helen

We understand your frustrations. If data is unavailable after crossing an international border, the issue is most often due to the vehicle remaining connected to the carrier towers from the country of origin after crossing. Please know, we are more than happy to further document any feedback you would like to provide. If you would prefer to speak with a live Advisor regarding your connection, we do recommend dialing 1-888-466-7827 moving forward. 

RdMDguy
New Contributor

I called them and they were the ones who said the 36 month premium plan that was sold with the truck won't transfer to the US. Very sad. Makes me want to cancel all my OnStar service including Supercruise 

Thank you for the follow-up. Again, we are more than happy to further document your sentiments for internal review. If you need additional assistance, kindly send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: OnStar Community/RdMDguy in the subject headline.