cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Admin_Chandler
Community Manager
Community Manager

GM Community Terms of Use

Please read these GM Community Terms of Use for carefully before using the GM Community.

The GM Community is an online forum for users and owners of GM products and services to communicate in a peer-to-peer environment to exchange information, ask questions, and get answers. The GM Community Guidelines and these Terms of Use (below) govern utilization of all aspects of the GM Community and create a legally binding agreement between you, the user, and GM regarding your participation in the GM Community.

1. Definitions

GM: Refers to General Motors Holdings LLC and any parents, subsidiaries, affiliates agents, employees, directors, shareholders, administrators, moderators, managers, representatives, and/or licensors.

GM Community: Refers to the GM Community itself and all content and features within it.

GM Community Terms: Refers to the GM Terms of Use contained hereafter, including any material references beyond this document or those that are linked within the text body.

GM Community Guidelines: Refers to the policies available here. that govern best practices and prohibited behaviors relative to use of the GM Community.

Submissions, user content, posts, postings, comments: All describe any content generated by users, including language, data, information, and images, without limitations, that is available within the GM Community.

Users, you, your: Describe persons or entities using the GM Community.

1. General/GM Community Management

Posts within the GM Community are written by users, and GM is not responsible for any aspect or impact of content resulting from user submissions. You understand that when using the GM Community, you will be exposed to user submissions from a variety of sources and that GM is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such user submissions. You further understand that you may be exposed to submissions that may be inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against GM with respect thereto.

GM makes no specific endorsements of any content posted by users within the GM Community or any opinions they express, nor does GM endorse any third-party content, its accuracy, timing, usefulness, quality, or safety relating to any GM Community content. Third-party web site links, if accessed by the user, may direct you to websites outside of the GM Community. GM makes no representations or guarantees whatsoever about any sites you may access from pages or forums within the GM Community.

GM, with absolute discretion, reserves the right to monitor and manage submissions from all users within the GM Community and may edit, hide, or remove any submissions deemed to have violated the GM Community Terms of Use or GM Community Guidelines. Failure by GM to edit, hide, or remove submissions does not constitute any endorsement or agreement by GM as to any attributes of those submissions. Without waiving the disclaimers set forth herein, GM also reserves the right to monitor and manage submissions within the GM Community to ensure information is presented clearly and accurately to users. GM may designate employees or other individuals as moderators, administrators, or GM Community managers to represent the GM brand.

GM Community managers, moderators, administrators, or other employees may contribute content or provide guidance to users, either in public or private messaging format. GM assumes no responsibility regarding the accuracy or impact of this information and use of such information is at the user’s own risk. Although GM will attempt to provide accurate information within the GM Community, GM does not assume responsibility over the quality or accuracy, quality, usefulness, timeliness, or safety of GM-created content.

When using the GM Community, users are encouraged to always take the following precautions:

• Keep your identity private and do not share your personal information
  • Do not participate in any conversations that you feel inappropriate or make you feel uncomfortable
  • Report any suspected instances of abuse
  • Contact the GM Community team with any questions or problems here.

1. Acceptable Use

Users will not reproduce in any fashion material sourced from the GM Community except for personal, non-commercial use and will abide by the specific rules of this GM Community, including any competition, game, prize draw, or promotion within the GM Community.

You are responsible for all material you post, including compliance with all laws, rules or regulations. You must not post any material that you do not own or have permission to use as or from the original owner. You must not post on the GM Community any offensive, threatening, or illegal material which could or do violate or infringe in any way upon rights of others.

Inappropriate content must not be posted anywhere in the GM Community. Inappropriate content includes the following:

• Personal information of user or of others
  • Spam, unrelated, bot, or flood posts
  • Posts that contain any kind of destructive component (viruses, worms, etc.)
  • Postings that break the law in any fashion or encourage others to break the law
  • Advice that would likely damage a GM product
  • Advice that, if followed, could result in bodily injury or harm to an individual or an individual’s property

Users agree to adhere to all GM Community Guidelines, which will be updated from time to time at the sole discretion of GM. These GM Community Guidelines outline specific behaviors that help ensure the healthy function of the GM Community and help prohibit specific behaviors deemed detrimental to it.

1. No warranty/limitation of liability/disclaimers

Use of the GM Community is at your own risk. The GM Community is provided on an as-is basis and as available. To the fullest extent under applicable laws, GM makes no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the quality, accuracy, or availability of any features or content within the GM Community. GM does not guarantee, warrant, endorse, or assume responsibility for any content posted within the GM Community or any hyperlinked sites. GM pages, features, or APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) may be unavailable, without notice, for any period of time. You, as a GM Community user, agree that GM will not be responsible for any damage or inconvenience such site failures might create.

To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, GM shall not be liable to users or to third parties claiming any damages suffered as a result of any use of the GM Community.  This includes any claims of loss of revenue, data, or profits, regardless of how they occur.

1. Privacy

By accepting these Terms of Use, you are granting GM a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, and translate all content that you post or provide to the GM Community from your account. GM may choose to attribute content to you as determined by GM in its sole discretion. Users agree to unconditionally waive the exercise of any rights to content created.

The GM Privacy Statement applicable to the brand GM Community you are visiting  governs the collection and storage of information within the GM Community, which includes personal information you may enter using your account. Please review this applicable Privacy Statement thoroughly before use of the site to learn more about your privacy, rights, and how to exercise them. These Privacy Statements are available on the GM brand website, e.g. gm.com/privacy or onstar.com/privacy.

1. Indemnification

Users shall not hold GM responsible for any claims, suits, actions, or proceedings brought against GM by any parties if such action arises out of your use or behaviors affiliated with the GM Community. As a GM Community user, you agree to indemnify and hold GM harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the GM Community.

1. Breach of Terms/Termination

Failure to abide by all terms may result in removal of content or removal of users from the GM Community. If GM’s sole discretion determines user conduct to be in any way unacceptable, GM reserves the right to terminate the user’s account with the GM Community.

GM does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on its websites, including but not limited to the GM Community, and GM will remove all content if properly notified that such infringes a third party’s intellectual property rights. GM reserves the right to remove content and user submissions without prior notice.

GM reserves the right to limit, suspend, or permanently ban any person, group, or entity from the GM Community, and such termination will occur without appeal. Please note that, if your access is terminated for any reason, GM shall have no liability or responsibility to you, and any content you have posted may be retained in accordance with GM’s Privacy Policy, GM Community Terms of Use, and the GM Community Guidelines 

2 Comments
kscott972
New Contributor

I have been billed for the last 3 months for a charge of $8.53 for Onstar.  I have called the customer service number at 888-466-7827.  They claim they cannot help me so they give me the number for loss prevention at 888-489-7359.  I called that number everyday for the last 7 days.  All you get is a voicemail message and NO one every calls you back.  I was told to email onstarlossprevention@onstar.com and NO one replies to your email.  I have emailed 3 times.  I called again today and was disconnected.   I HAVE NEVER OWNED A GM VEHICLE.  Do I have to go on every social media platform and tell all my followers how Onstar is stealing money and conducting fraudulent business practices?  Do I have to call my State Attorney's General Office and file complaint?  This is outright theft.  I never authorized the charges and have never owned a GM product.  

Advisor_Helen

We appreciate you bringing these billing concerns to our attention. So we may take a further look into things on our end, kindly provide us with additional details of your situation within an email to socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: OnStar Community/kscott972 in the subject headline.