cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Sharing and OnStar do not work

KentC
New Contributor

My car does not recognize the onstar services I pay for. For as long as I've owned the car I have been unable to share wifi with connected devices and even pressing the onstar button tells me I don't have a subscription, even though I have paid hundreds of dollars for onstar service since buying the vehicle. This came to a head when I got a flat in literally the middle of nowhere New Mexico and spent 5 hours stranded on the side of the road, in the middle of a desert, as Onstar tried to figure out where I was and tried to figure out where to send me. The company refuses to resolve my issues but is happy to keep charging me month after month for data and roadside assistance services as unresolved case after case piles up on my account. I can't even count the number of times they have asked to "send a refresh signal" even after spending thousands of dollars at the dealership for radio programming and a new "Telematics Module." The company is a joke. Buyer beware. Onstar will string things along until your GM warranty runs out and then nobody will be willing to work through your issues. Paid $42k for the car and even though I am willing to pay more to get this resolved it's finger pointing to AT&T, the dealership, or GM, which is the same company. It's almost unbelievable how they make their own issues a problem for the customer instead of taking accountability.

1 REPLY 1

Advisor_Erin

We never want you to feel disappointed in your OnStar services, Kent. Please send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OS Community/KentC" in the subject line and we'll be happy to discuss this further.