cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shady tactics

angelah
New Contributor

We have been able to use the myChevrolet app to remotely lock/unlock and start our vehicle for over a year now, until today. I'm not sure if this is related to an app update, but when I opened the app this morning, I was logged out. So, I logged back in, and then my vehicle wasn't there and I was told to add an eligible vehicle. I logged in to my partner's account as theirs was the primary account, and it was also missing the vehicle data. So, I go to my computer and log in to find out we no longer have an OnStar plan, which was news to me.

There have been NO emails or phone calls about changes to our OnStar plan, the app, etc. FROM us or TO us. So, I get in the car and press the OnStar button to figure out what's going on. They say my cellular connection plan ended on March 19, 2023 (which is not true - my cellular connection was on and working today) and that my OnStar plan ended on May 11, 2023 (yesterday). Why did my OnStar plan end? They couldn't (or wouldn't) answer that. So, I explain that I want to be able to remotely start/stop/lock/unlock my vehicle from the app and that is a $39.99 charge per month. News to me. When we called to set up our OnStar plan it was definitely NOT that expensive. Now I get a complimentary two months now that we have "re-activated" our OnStar plan (that we never canceled in the first place) and then have to pay $39.99 a month after that. Is this some shady tactics where they canceled our plan without telling us so we would have to re-activate for a higher price?? What is going on here? Why is it SO DIFFICULT to just get the features I need and be able to manage that myself, online, so I can see in print what I'm buying? 

1 REPLY 1

Advisor_Makayla

Please be aware that an active paid OnStar Connected Service Plan has always been needed to utilize the Remote Key Fob feature of the mobile app. If your trial services have recently ended, our team would be happy to look into any discounts or offers you may be eligible for. To learn more about our plans and pricing, please feel free to visit https://www.onstar.com/plans. You can reach us at socialmedia@gm.com and we ask that you have your subject line as ‘ATTN: OnStar Community/angelah’ so we can reference back to this post.