cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking MyGMC skill in Alexa app broken for months!

mk40niner
New Contributor

The myGMC skill in the Alexa app has been broken since June 2024! There are countless reviews in the Alexa app under the MyGMC skill, does anyone even monitor these reviews?? Has the app been scrapped but you are not telling anyone? What's going on here?? Yes, I've removed and readded the MyGMC skill multiple tmes now, I've also deleted and reinstalled the Alexa app to see if would fix the issue but like all of the other frustrated users, it does NOT! You get a BAD GATEWAY error EVERY TIME you try to link the skill since June 2024! Broken for a few days or even a week, I get it, but broken for several months seems like no one's even working on it. Can someone please just come out and say that the myGMC skill has been abandoned? Confirmation of this world be greatly appreciated. I pay for the OnStar service so that I can use this skill and I've been holding out with hope of a resolution. Should I just cancel my OnStar subscription?? 

3 REPLIES 3

Advisor_Helen

We do regret to hear of the frustration this has caused. Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. Please know, OnStar does not support multiple Amazon accounts linked to the same myGMC skill. With this, if you continue to experience errors, we would like to take a further look into things on our end and assist to the best of our abilities. Please send an email to us at socialmedia@gm.com with the subject line ATTN: OnStar Community/mk40niner so we can help. 

Ct
New Contributor

I am having the exact same issue. “Bad gateway” message. 
what’s the fix for this? 
thx ct

Thank you for bringing this concern to our attention. We truly understand your frustration regarding this matter with your myGMC skill/Alexa app and would like to take the opportunity to learn more about this concern and provide support. At your convenience, kindly send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com with the subject line ATTN: OnStar Community/Ct. We would like to ensure that we investigate this further on our end.