cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chevrolet Maps +

sdavis
New Contributor

I recently downloaded an update for it and now the map doesn't reflect my vehicle when its moving.  The app isn't frozen as I can still type on it and it shows my current speed but the arrow or the map doesn't move as my vehicle moves. It's like the vehicle is parked.   I've uninstalled and reinstalled and the nothing changes.  All other functions of the Infotainment 3 system work correctly and OnStar Turn by Turn directions work correctly.  Is this app still being supported?  I see that GM is now using Google Maps in newer systems.  

5 REPLIES 5

Advisor_Erin

Maps+ is absolutely still supported in eligible vehicles. For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you contact our Connection Center Team at 877-558-8352. If you're still having difficulties after speaking with this team, please feel free to email us at socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OS Community/sdavis" in the subject line so we can further assist. 

RAGMAN
New Contributor

having similar issue, recently my chevy map is not updating it just shows the arrow but no movement, speed works and it will jump and catch up after 10 min or so.. (this happens ONLY when i am logged in with my account) if i log out or delete my profile under the USERS selection the maps app updates and works as expected

i have reset my radio and logged back in and the apps still does not work, i logged out again and the app works.. 

any idea why this is? i pay for this service and if its not going to work then ill cancel 

thanks for your assistance

-Rick

sdavis
New Contributor

That sounds exactly like my issue as well.  I contacted OnStar and have a case opened up on it.  They reached out to me for additional information.  I'm currently awaiting a call back for a resolution.  I definitely feel like its more of a profile issue than something wrong with the vehicle/infotainment center.  I would give them a call though and get a case set up.  

We're glad that you've taken some proactive troubleshooting steps, Rick, and we're here to help further however we can. Please send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OS Community/RAGMAN" in the subject line so we can best assist. 

Pjeana
New Contributor

I am so grateful you made this post. I brought home my GMC Yukon XL in November. My maps app has taken through a college parking lot (at night in a new city), dead-end roads, when I choose to dismiss first street instruction (knowing the traffic tends to back up) & go to use the next turn, the gps will reroute instructions to a different mode. (IE, gps use avoid highways or tolls) There’s definitely something wrong & GMC has not been useful.