cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium Onstar plan and Wi-Fi

Salemgirl
New Contributor

I purchased the Premium OnStar plan on March 7th in preparation for a 1500 mile trip with 3 other people.  I wanted us all to be able to use Wi-Fi during the trip without drawing down our data plans.  During the trip, I was the one who connected to Android Auto and used my google maps for navigation for the entire trip.  We all were able to connect to the car's Wi-Fi, but unfortunately I kept getting bumped off and all my data was used up during the first 1/2 of the trip.  I had to go to my phone provider and buy an unlimited plan in order to use android auto maps for the way home.  

Has anyone else had this issue?   Was I expected to use the OnStar navigation?  I have not found anywhere that is written.  I think since I paid for the best plan, that I should be able to use it in my car all the time.   

I did call OnStar support and they don't know what happened.  They told me to take the car to the dealer and let them figure it out.  That sounds like a lame answer.   Help anyone? 

3 REPLIES 3

Advisor_Helen

We regret to hear of any continued in-vehicle Wi-Fi concerns you have experienced. Moving forward, our team would be more than happy to take a further look into things and help to the best of our abilities. Kindly send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: OnStar Community/Salemgirl in the subject line. We will keep an eye out for your reply in the meantime. 

Biancals23
New Contributor

Same problem here.  I have to call all the **bleep** time and spend 30 minutes waiting for an on star advisor to get on the phone.  No direct number to call no direct wifi send signal refresh.  I pay monthly for crap service 

This is not the experience that we strive to provide. We are here to assist to the best of our abilities regarding these Wi-Fi concerns. Please email socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: OnStar Community/Biancals23 in the subject headline moving forward. We hope to hear from you soon.