cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theft alarm notifications no longer by phone

samgauto
New Contributor

Looking to see if anyone else has experienced this problem. My alarm system no longer calls my phone but only emails and texts me. This always worked fine when I test my alarm occasionally. I have written a letter to OnStar and called half a dozen times but seems like they don't really care and say everything on my account is set up fine. 

6 REPLIES 6

Advisor_Makayla

You can set up your Theft Alarm Notification (TAN) preferences by going to your account page on your brand’s website (chevrolet.com, buick.com, gmc.com, cadillac.com; or experience.gm.com). From the brand website, click My Account (or your initials, if you’re already signed in) in the upper-right corner. You can also set up your preferences in the myChevrolet, myBuick, myGMC or myCadillac mobile app by tapping on your initials, then Notification Preferences. 

A TAN can be sent via email or text message to the contact phone number(s) on file in your account. You can select one or both options or turn them both off if you no longer want to receive TAN alerts. Text message and email alerts will be selected as the default when you initially enroll in TAN. 

samgauto
New Contributor

The phone is correctly set up on the website however in my app only and email is listed as the preference. There is no option to add a phone number in the app.

Please note, such account details must be updated within the My Account. As Members use the same log-in credentials for both the My Account and mobile app, all account details will be the same on both interfaces. However, only the linked email will appear within the mobile app and not the selected phone number. Should you have any other questions, feel free to email us at socialmedia@gm.com with ‘ATTN: OnStar Community/SK’ in the subject line. 

samgauto
New Contributor

Alarm still not calling my phone. Any fix for this?

For further assistance, kindly email us at socialmedia@gm.com with ‘ATTN: OnStar Community/SK’ in the subject line. Should you prefer to speak with a live Advisor, you are welcome to push your blue OnStar button or dial 1-(888)-4ONSTAR. Our team is here to help in any way we are able. 

samgauto
New Contributor

I did send an email to an OnStar product marketing executive. I did not get a reply from her but did get a call soon after from someone at OnStar Executive Services asking about my issue which I explained. Later in the same day I received a second call from the same person stating that after, some research on my issue, they were able to find out that the phone call theft notification was eliminated on the OnStar platform on June 30, 2022. For my aggravation I was offered 3 months of OnStar on all my owned vehicles with Onstar. So in a nutshell the phone call notification feature has been eliminated.