cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW GMC APP NOT WORKING

Rjones4664
New Contributor

The New GMC app is terrible. I have had to reset it several times. I have been told to delete it and reload the app many times. Nothing works. The app reports all systems on my brand new Acadia have failed. The same report on my new Sierra Denali. If you can’t keep the OnStar system reporting correctly then where is the advertised protection?  I was told a case was opened to address my issues and someone would get back with me in about 3 days.  Why am I paying for this when I can’t use it?  Hopefully me or my family doesn’t need to be assisted by OnStar for emergency service because it will not connect or it provides bad data. How / when does OnStar address this issue?  

1 REPLY 1

Advisor_Nicole
Community Manager
Community Manager

As routine updates are released, we do recommend Members to uninstall/reinstall their mobile app. While this does not always resolve Members concerns, it is the initial troubleshooting step we take to ensure they are using the latest version of the app. Should this not help, a case can then be made on the Members behalf to further address the concern. However, we cannot speculate how long it may take for a case to be resolved. For immediate assistance in an emergency, we recommend pushing your red OnStar button or dialing 1-(888)-4ONSTAR to connect with a trained Advisor. For non-emergency situations, you are welcome to connect with us at socialmedia@gm.com. Please be sure that you have your subject line as ‘ATTN: OnStar Community/ Rjones4664’ so we can reference back to this post.