cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add family member to Guardian Family share

sdarte
New Contributor

guardian error.jpg

I invite a family member to be part of the Guardian Family share, the email gets sent, the member clicks on the link and accepts the policies. Then gets this message, which doesn't make sense. Why is this happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sdarte
New Contributor

Resolved!

I had to log in as myself and then join.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

sdarte
New Contributor

Resolved!

I had to log in as myself and then join.

OldGuy51
New Contributor

Why offer a family share if you have to log into the app with account owner's credentials? Defeats the purpose of "sharing". I also had to add the owner account credentials to guardian app installed on my family's mobile devices.

Appears from the dates of the original post that the problem is not new.

Please know that when adding Family Members to the OnStar Guardian App, they should create their own login credentials to the OnStar Guardian App. If you continue to have trouble adding Family Members to the Guardian App, please feel free to send an email to socialmedia@gm.com and we ask that you have your subject line as ‘ATTN: OnStar Community/OldGuy51’ so we can reference back to this post.

thepowersin1
New Contributor

This makes no sense... So to add my family to my guardian profile my 8 and 10 year old kids have to create their own account? This is set up very poorly.

We do apologize for any frustration. Please know, if you need further assistance with your account details, our team here is happy to help. Kindly send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com with ‘ATTN: OnStar Community/thepowersin1’ in the subject line. 

Amoore007
New Contributor II

I was on the phone with someone who took me all the way through.  It is NOT a clear method to add someone. know your GM password to start.  Enjoy.