cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone will not connect to Onstar WiFi hotspot designed by AT&T

Air85
New Contributor

For about 6 months now my iPhone 13 Pro has been unable to auto join to my WiFi hotspot in my 2021 GMC Sierra SLT!!!! 
I’ve made 50 calls to Apple!  I’ve made 50 calls to ONSTAR/AT&T WiFi data connection!  I’ve made 50 calls to GM dealership I purchased truck from and various other GM dealerships as well looking for a simple answer WHY?

Guess what? Like other poor souls have mentioned on this platform everyone wants to point the finger at the other person?  What pisses me off the most is that they assume you are incompetent and have no clue about these things?  Well let me clue everyone in they’ve barked up the wrong tree!!!!  Before I pursue higher avenues did anyone receive any helpful information regarding this situation?  If so I do appreciate your response!

Hopefully we will talk soon?

Air85

3 REPLIES 3

Advisor_Helen

This is not the service that we strive to provide. Our team here would like to take the opportunity to take a further look into your account details on our end and explore any ways we can further assist. So we may, please email socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: OnStar Community/Air85 in the subject headline moving forward. We hope to hear from you soon. 

MBMatt
New Contributor

I have the same problem.  About six weeks ago I leased a new 2024 Equinox with OnStar WiFi and I have an iPhone 14 using IOS version 17.3.1. Why won't my iPhone automatically connect to the car's WiFi? (I have to manually connect every time I get in the car.) Auto Join is on and I believe all the settings are correct. So what's the problem? OnStar says it's a known issue, so why not fix it. I'm paying every month for WiFi but not getting the service I deserve.  Here's the weird part - my wife has an iPhone 11 and it auto connects every time.  Also, my iPhone 14 had no problem connecting to my 2021 Equinox prior to getting this new Equinox.  I have also contacted OnStar and Apple multiple times, but no one has a fix.  VERY FRUSTRATING!!

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience as well. If you are still experiencing concerns with your iPhone 14 not automatically connecting, please let us know so we can take a further look. To connect, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: OnStar Community/MBMatt in the subject headline. Our team is happy to help.