cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

antenna has a short and does not operate

eyebidder
New Contributor

Dealer says my antenna on my 2013 Verano has a short and is unable to use GPS; my screen on the dash does not show the current location and never changes. Am I to assume my OnStar is inopertive as well? I tried to connect to OnStar via a chat but it's taking too long via computer. Any suggestions to get the antenna working?

1 REPLY 1

Advisor_Kayla

Our team regrets to hear of this antenna/GPS concern you are experiencing with your vehicle and understand how this matter has been frustrating. We would like to inform you that vehicle model years that are 2015 or earlier have been affected by the change in network going from 2G to 4G/5G, which would restrict vehicles from activating OnStar Services. With this information and your vehicle being a 2012, any OnStar Services may not be equipped with your vehicle. However, with this 2G Sunset change, the OnStar Guardian app is a great way to stay connected with safety features. This app includes Roadside Assistance, Mobile Crash Response, Emergency Services, location Services and more. If you find that you are currently still experiencing concerns with your vehicle's antenna, kindly send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com including where you are located and with "ATTN: OnStar Community/eyebidder" in the subject line.