cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C7 Corvette Software Update Email.

Jfullert
New Contributor

I’ve received a couple of emails that my Corvettes software would soon be updated over-the -air and I’d be told when the update was ready to be applied by the touch screen. The emails specifically listed my Corvettes VIN. When I look at the system software screen the only option is Save Vehicle Settings to USB. So will I be getting the update over the air or will I have to take the car to the dealer?

1 REPLY 1

Advisor_Makayla
Community Manager
Community Manager

Downloading and installing vehicle software updates requires Internet connectivity, which can be accessed through the vehicle’s built-in OnStar 4G LTE connection, if equipped. Optionally, a secure Wi-Fi hotspot (such as a mobile device hotspot, home network or public network) can be used. Also, please know that vehicle software updates launching on select model year 2017 and newer vehicles can be performed by the member's servicing dealer and are also available to independent service centers. If you continue to have trouble receiving the software update, please feel free to send us an email at socialmedia@gm.com with your subject line as ‘ATTN: OnStar Community/Jfullert’ so we can reference back to this post.