cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My budget is tight. What makes OnStar Guardian worth it?

Moderator_normj
New Contributor II

With the Guardian app, you’ll have features like crash detection, Roadside Assistance and location sharing all in one place for one low price ($15/month). Rather than having multiple subscriptions, we’re bundling help into one offering, one convenient source. There’s no need to have separate roadside services or location tracking. You can do it all from the Guardian app. And, best of all, you can share it with up to 7 of your loved ones at no additional cost.

9 REPLIES 9

bleeman
New Contributor

The only problem is the Guardian location tracking is a joke! I've kept up with the updates, made sure we had the allow tracking permissions correctly set and it just flat out doesn't work 99.9% of the time. For example, today my wife met with a friend across town (~12 miles away). After repeated refreshing of the screen it finally showed her at the restaurant about 30 minutes after she had arrived and it never showed her during any of the travel to get there. On her way home it showed her moving for about the 1st quarter mile. Then she didn't show up again until I clicked on her icon and hit the refresh. I then repeatedly hit refresh and it tracked her for about 3/4 of mile and then stopped again.  It finally showed her again when she was about 1.5 miles from home.  Then nothing until it showed her coming into the garage.

This has been going on since the app was first released. I had been hoping that with each update to it, there would be an improvement but it appears to be going in the wrong direction, getting worse rather than better. So much so I've given up even trying to use it.

We understand your frustrations with the OnStar Guardian App and appreciate you sharing these details. Our team can certainly look into the errors you are having with your Location Services. When you have a moment, please send an email to socialmedia@gm.com with further information so we can assist.

Amoore007
New Contributor II

I receive WalMart home deliveries at home .  They text me as they leave the store (3 miles). I can see the driver's progress almost live. Perhaps 15 seconds behind. My point is, IT CAN be done. Keep trying.  AL

Colorado
New Contributor

I have the same problem as bleeman. I have three family members on my account and it only physically tracks two of them. One of them the dot never moves even when she is traveling. And no I shouldn't have to "KEEP TRYING" because it should work as it says it does.

Amoore007
New Contributor II

After a long setup of the app, My wife is able to see when I should be home. The app is on target at this time. A plus was we were somewhat lost is a new city, and the app indicated exactly where we were. This enabled us to get turned around in time to make our reservation.

Colorado
New Contributor

But as far as what you said about your Walmart driver, guardian doesn't track vehicles without OnStar guardian on your account. There's no way you can see your Walmart driver coming to your house.

Amoore007
New Contributor II

Correct that is through the Walmart app.  Back when I was complaining to Onstar I said, "If Walmart can do it surely you can!"

Our team here would like to take a further look into any OnStar Guardian concerns you might be facing. So we may, kindly send an email to socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: OnStar Community/Colorado in the subject headline. We would like to take a further look into your account details and assist to the best of our abilities. 

Amoore007
New Contributor II

Knowing your family is in a safe location.