cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI in my GMC Sierra

frito1013
New Contributor

I have a 2021 GMC Sierra Denali, and I have the wifi/hotspot active on my truck. My cell service is through Verizon, and the wifi/hotspot is through AT&T... Now when I am in my truck the phone automatically connects to the hotspot AND via Bluetooth and android auto to the truck. The issue comes when I loose cell service (Verizon) even though the hotspot has 4-5 bars, my phone does not allow me to use wifi, I have to add that when my hotspot connects to my phone it say connected Via "google" . Now YES I've consulted Verizon Tech support and they tell me its a GMC/OnStar issue. of course GMC/OnStar say its a Verizon issue. Has anyone else had this problem? I read in another forum it has to do with google possibly???? any info would be awesome... 

2 REPLIES 2

Advisor_Makayla

Please know that the coverage for the In-Vehicle Wi-Fi hotspot depends on the wireless carrier network coverage. When you are in areas that coverage varies, the performance may be impacted. In a 2G coverage area, the Wi-Fi hotspot will not work. In a 3G coverage area, streaming data or video may result in a degradation in service. You may view our coverage map by visiting https://www.onstar.com/us/en/coverage_map/ and selecting "OnStar Data Map". If you continue to have troubles with your In-Vehicle LTE Wi-Fi, please send an email to socialmedia@gm.com and we ask that you have your subject line as ‘ATTN: OnStar Community/frito1013’ so we can reference back to this post. 

frito1013
New Contributor

COMMPLETLY NOT THE PROBLEM IM HAVING. I do not believe the issue is with the hotspot, it is with the cell phone connection. Was hoping someone has had the same issue as I'm experiencing and has found or not found a resolution and has an answer for me. AGAIN... I AM NOT HAVING A HOT SPOT ISSUE. I'm having an issue with my phone allowing me to use the wifi, when my CELLPHONE signal is lost. My cellphone and your wifi run on 2 different carriers. While I appreciate you taking to time to respond, wish you were responding to my actual problem..