cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vehicle wifi periodically working.

RJRemodeling
New Contributor

Usually at least once a week when I start my truck the 4G wifi is not showing up or working.  This in turn means my navigation and Pandora will not work.  I can Hotspot my phone to the truck but it uses my phones data instead of the unlimited data I'm paying OnStar for.  Any way to fix this?

8 REPLIES 8

Advisor_Carol

Hi there. We're sorry to hear you're experiencing intermittent difficulties with your in-vehicle Wi-Fi. If this occurs again, we recommend pushing the blue OnStar button in your vehicle to speak with our live Advisors directly. Troubleshooting for in-vehicle Wi-Fi is best completed when our Advisors are connected directly with your vehicle. If you have any additional questions about your Wi-Fi services, please feel free to email our team at socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OnStar Community/RJRemodeling" in the subject line. 

Marleydog68
New Contributor

Glad to hear the new customers with 4G service are having problems since all of us with the older Onstar 2G service were though out with the bath water!  We should all get together to form a class action suit against them for giving us the promise of safety and comfort and taking our money the throwing us out!

RJRemodeling
New Contributor

Just so everyone knows the solution given by the advisor above doesn't work.  They should know that Onstar does not work if wifi is not working.  After speaking with another advisor I have given the solution to sit with door open for 3 minutes after I have shut the vehicle off.  Considering this happens pretty frequently this is a terrible solution.  I was told it was a bad service area but it happens everywhere including the city.  I have a feeling there is a fix but I just haven't spoken to the right person yet.

Please know that connection to your In Vehicle 4G LTE WiFi Hotspot is not needed for your OnStar services to be available. At any time Members may push the blue OnStar button in their vehicle to be connected with a live Advisor. If you continue to have concerns about your Wi-Fi services, please send an email to our team at socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OnStar Community/RJRemodeling" in the subject line so we may look into this further. 

RJRemodeling
New Contributor

Unfortunately this site does not allow videos.  Just took a video this morning after I remote started my truck and the 4G once again did not work nor did hitting the onstar button above or trying to make an onstar call with the downloaded app on-screen.  Yet GM wants big money for a service that rarely works.

If you're having difficulties with your OnStar hardware or any services, please send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OnStar Community/RJRemodeling" in the subject line so we can review this further. 

Troutt
New Contributor

I am having the same issue with my 2018 Equinox - wifi connected without internet.  It will be okay for 10 minutes or so and then drop and never come back until the next time I drive the car.  Very frustrating when using apps such as podcasts or pandora.

We certainly understand this frustration. If you continue to have trouble with your in-vehicle Wi-Fi, kindly send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OnStar Community/Troutt" in the subject headline. Our team is more than happy to help to the best of our abilities.