cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection! Help!

Lauren5159
New Contributor

I can connect to my wifi but there is no internet connection. Onstar has pushed updates, reconfigured what they could, and said to go to the dealership. The dealership said everything is good on their side so it’s an onstar issue. I’ve also tried to disconnect the battery and reconnect with no luck. Are there any other tips I can try?? Thank you!

25 REPLIES 25

SnoSuz
New Contributor

Same issue, no help anywhere! 

Bob
New Contributor

Happening to me today, were you able to get it resolved?

sb
New Contributor II

Same issue on a brand new 2023 Silverado ZR2, only 45 days old since purchase. Onstar has opened a case, sent a bunch of signals, not working at all. Frustrating.

Steve82
New Contributor

I am having the exact same issue. Connecting to WIFI fine, no connection to the internet. They have sent signals to mine as well. 2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV. 

cferraez
New Contributor

Hi Lauren5159, have you found the fix for this problem yet?    Wifi signal on laptop shows full strength but no webpages or actual internet is there?     I work at a Chevy dealership that sells 1500 chevys' a year and I'm driving the first one that has ever done this???         

SB is your issue like Lauren's or is all of your Onstar down?   We have had a few that needed new Modules right off the truck, which sucks but at least it can be fixed.

Our team would like to learn more and attempt to troubleshoot these In-Vehicle WiFi concerns that you're experiencing. So we may do so, please send us an email with additional details to socialmedia@gm.com and we ask that you have your subject line as ‘ATTN: OnStar Community/cferraez' so we can reference back to this post. 

NavyBuff
New Contributor

You know, this issue has been ongoing for over a year, tech support hangs up after telling you to go to the dealer and the dealer says its onstar, this whole thing is a ripoff...

minard46
New Contributor

Our 2022 Traverse just started doing this today. The 4G LTE will show on the screen for a little while with some full bars, and then disappear with all the boxes empty on the signal strength. We’re in an area that has full bars on our phones, which are a different carrier than AT&T, but I know it’s not a coverage issue. Seems that the LTE hardware in the vehicle is faulty. Onstar techs reset it twice today, didn’t help. I think they opened a ticket with someone else, but couldn’t understand what he was saying, just that someone would call me. This comes up about 3-4 days after AT&T billing glitched and suspended my service. But I straightened that out Thursday night and everything was fine all day yesterday.

If you continue to have trouble with your in-vehicle Wi-Fi Hotspot, we recommend pushing the blue OnStar button in your vehicle to speak with our internal technical team as they are in the best position to assist with any errors you're receiving. Additionally, please feel free to send us an email with additional details to socialmedia@gm.com and we ask that you have your subject line as ‘ATTN: OnStar Community/minard46'.