cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my GMC app not working after OnStar activated and GMC.com says OnStar no active in my account??

streetrodder
New Contributor

just purchased a 11k mile 2023 GMC2500.  Activated OnStar via truck cabin button and shows active in the vehicle information center.  My GMC account shows no OnStar active and MyGMC mobile app keeps asking me to activate OnStar.  Is there a lag time between when you activate and when it shows in the app?  Prior owner had OnStar and i just wanted to transfer to me.  i  deleted and re installed the mobile app without success, just keeps asking me to activate.  Who can  help resolve this please?

11 REPLIES 11

Advisor_Carol

We regret to hear you're having trouble with the myGMC app and your new vehicle. Our team is happy to look into this with you and get your app up and running. To get started, please send us an email with these details to socialmedia@gm.com and "ATTN: OnStar Community/streetrodder" in the subject line. We'll keep an eye out for your message. 

Jmar
New Contributor

I am also having this issue. Has there been a resolution yet?

Hi there! These concerns are typically best resolved when our team is able to review your OnStar account details in depth. For further assistance with your connectivity concerns, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OnStar Community/Jmar" in the subject line. 

Mahotey
New Contributor

Hi. Love the truck but MYGMC is doing the same thing on my phone looking for a solution.

Don't, Mahotey, we'd be happy to help you too. If you haven't yet, please link your GMC account to your OnStar account. This is a crucial step for integrating your Connected Services into your app. Be advised, if you are the Owner Proxy or Driver on the account, you must consult with the Owner to authorize this change. If you are the OnStar account Owner, please follow the steps below to link your accounts.

1. Log into your GMC Account via GMC.com or experience.GM.com
2. Once logged in, click on "Plans & Services” from the navigation bar
3. Enter either your OnStar account number or your username (email address associated to your OnStar account)
4. Choose your method of verification (email or text message)
5. Select "Send code"
6. Check either your email address or phone to locate the verification code
7. Once found, enter the verification code into the GMC Account Website
8. Click "Link account" to finish.

Once you have successfully linked your accounts, please log out and then back into your app with your GMC Account credentials. Should you find that these options are not visible to you on the GMC Account site, it's likely that you've already linked your accounts. If these steps do not resolve your concern, you can connect with us at socialmedia@gm.com. Please be sure that you have your subject line as ‘ATTN: OnStar Community/Mahotey’ so we can reference back to this post.

Kevola
New Contributor

Just got my 2024 youkon, did the onstar call at delivery  and the app still will only let me "get started" by telling me to call onstar to activate everything.  I deleted the app and reinstalled, and nothing.  Quite frustrating 

We regret to hear of any frustration. To clarify, have you made sure to link your GMC Account with your OnStar account? This is a crucial step for integrating your Connected Services into your app. Be advised, if you are the Owner Proxy or Driver on the account, you must consult with the Owner to authorize this change. If you are the OnStar account Owner, please follow the steps below to link your accounts.

1. Log into your GMC Account via GMC.com or experience.GM.com
2. Once logged in, click on "Plans & Services” from the navigation bar
3. Enter either your OnStar account number or your username (email address associated to your OnStar account)
4. Choose your method of verification (email or text message)
5. Select "Send code"
6. Check either your email address or phone to locate the verification code
7. Once found, enter the verification code into the GMC Account Website
8. Click "Link account" to finish.

Once you have successfully linked your accounts, please log out and then back into your app with your GMC Account credentials. Should you find that these options are not visible to you on the GMC Account site, it's likely that you've already linked your accounts. If these steps do not resolve your concern, please send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: OnStar Community/Kevola in the subject headline. We are more than happy to take a further look into things. 

YukonDon76
New Contributor

Looks like I'm also having a similar issue. Purchased a 2018 Yukon XL Denali, pressed the button, message said that the service wasn't active so I talked to an advisor and activated my account. She said she was sending a refresh signal to update my unit, and that it would take up to 48 hours to completely activate. It's been about a week and pressing the OnStar button still tells me I don't have an active account, I can't access the my GMC app as far as it talking to the vehicle, or using any of the features BUT I had an additional key made today and got an email alerting me of possible theft, so clearly this thing is communicating, I just can't use any of the features that I'm paying for such as Wi-Fi, remote start, etc. when I called the OnStar advisor they're only advice was to go to the dealer, but when I went to the dealer they just kind of shrugged their shoulders and started talking about replacing multi-thousand dollar control modules when I don't think that's the problem here.

HonestJohnny
New Contributor

My 2024 GMC Terrain AT4 was working fine with all commands from. The app but now all i get is error notifications unable to start / flash lights / unlock / lock vehicle…. Called OnStar twice but still no resolution and still not working.

I have deleted the app and reinstalled again still the same issue !