cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyGMC app stopped working 3 weeks ago. Now I find that do not have OnStar connection

Angel0302
New Contributor

I discovered my MyGMC app wouldn't work any more.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the app but still nothing.  I then went to my 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 - Elevation, to attempt to contact OnStar in the vehicle but I quickly discovered that my OnStar wasn't functioning - now I know why the app quit working.  My OnStar has no green or red light at all.  When I push it - absolutely nothing happens.  I had my husband disconnect our truck battery for 5 minutes to see if that would reset things but no luck.  I called OnStar on my cell and they say take it to your dealer.  I live in REMOTE Alaska and do not have a dealer accessible without FLYING or BARGING my truck to Anchorage. My husband is a mechanic and I would love some troubleshooting tips he can try. 

3 REPLIES 3

Advisor_Chris

This certainly is not the experience we hope for. Our team would like to learn more information on your OnStar concerns. Please send us an email to  socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OS Community/Angel0302" in the subject headline. 

Mikerhickey
New Contributor

The app still isn’t working and it’s now 4 weeks and onstar is aware they can’t even open my truck for me!! 

We know how difficult app concerns can be. If you haven't already, we recommend that you uninstall/reinstall the app from your device. If you're still having difficulties after this, please send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OS Community/Mikerhickey" in the subject line and we'll be happy to further assist.