cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My GMC app is Terrible

JWP
New Contributor II

I HAD a 2020 GMC Terrain Denali and had the My GMC app for that vehicle, ALL was good, it would let me do EVERYTHING including adding apps allow to adjust Sirius radio settings ,EVERYTHING !! We traded that vehicle in on a 2023 GMC Yukon SLT and we have the 3YR. Onstar & Connected SVCS included on it . Well since we removed the Terrain from the " Garage" in the My GMC app and now have the Yukon in the "garage" we can't do ANYTHING with the apps or Sirius radio or any radio station changes , I have called GMC support, I have called Onstar support and STILL nothing !! We USED to be able to do much more but this "NEW" app version stinks to high heaven !! Anyone else having this issue ? I can start the vehicle, I can see the diagnostics of the vehicle , all that info works fine it's just the APP SETTINGS IN THE MY GMC APP ON MY IPHONE JUST DOESNT WORK, THERE ISN'T EVEN A APPS SECTION ON MY MY GMC APP !! 

Who is actually "in charge" of the MY GMC app ?? GMC or Onstar 

5 REPLIES 5

mrhandsbites
New Contributor II

I agree with you. I have a 2022 GMC Sierra and the app does nothing for me. Only can see diagnostics and start my truck, lock, unlock, etc. No app customization as advertised or anything. 

JWP
New Contributor II

Yep, what good is the app then ? The old app was great before the change to use google !! I am NOT happy with GM and this TERRIBLE APP !!

JWP
New Contributor II

Just wonder if Google AND GMC read these comments ? You'd think if they did they would do something about these issues !! Why even have an app if you can't customize anything, heck you can start your vehicle from your key fob if you're close enough !!Even if you could there isn't much to choose from, piss poor selection IMO !! NEVER should have changed to GOOGLE in the first place !! SO DISAPPOINTED !!

mrhandsbites
New Contributor II

Do you have a problem with your speakers play static noise randomly at times? Mine does and I read other owners are too and there’s supposedly a software update to fix it except my vehicle is not showing any available update which is another problem. You having issues with updates as well?

If you're having troubles with your vehicle's audio, we suggest that you bring this to the attention of your preferred GM dealership. They will be able to assist with any necessary software updates or repairs. If you have further questions, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OS Community/mrhandsbites" in the subject line.