cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Chevrolet app doesn’t record trip data

frj322
New Contributor

Good morning,

Purchased a new 2024 Silverado on 12/26. Installed the my Chevrolet app and found everything works perfectly except for the Onstar trip data feature. The system recorded the first 6 trips and then stopped recording data on 12/28. I reinstalled the app, signed out, signed in etc. Nothing works. After spending 30 minutes on the phone with onstar I was told they would have to “escalate” and I would receive a call in 3-5 business days. A few days later I got a call and was told they had refreshed the account, sign out and back in and the data should be there. It wasn’t. The advisor hypothesized the issue was with my phone. I advised him my wife has a 24 Blazer that is shared with me and I CAN see her data. She can’t see my trip data from her phone either. I also can’t see my data from my iPad. Two phones and one iPad are not broken at the same time, there is something wrong with how onstar has my truck configured or the way the account is set up. After this conversation on 1/16 only one trip was recorded on 1/18. The advisor told me he would have to “escalate” further and I would receive a call. It’s been a week, nothing. I’ve owned the truck for close to a month, the feature has never worked properly and all I get is “we have to escalate”. Perhaps someone has experienced the same and been able to get it resolved? Perhaps someone from onstar reads these posts and can do some intervention. 

5 REPLIES 5

Advisor_Nicole
Community Manager
Community Manager

We can certainly provide some troubleshooting steps. Some things to note, trips must be longer than .6 miles (1km) for Smart Driver to register, and your location services within your vehicle must be enabled. To ensure the location services are enabled, please visit your vehicle's infotainment system. Then, navigate to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > toggle On. Areas with low cell connectivity can also inhibit trip recording. If your location services are toggled to On, please let us know.  

frj322
New Contributor

Hi Nicole, thanks for the reply.  Location services are enabled yes. The truck now has almost a thousand miles on it and all trips have been made in the northern suburbs of Atlanta.  Cell coverage is not an issue.  Over the month I've owned the truck I've contacted onstar I believe 5 times and gone through the same troubleshooting steps with no resolution. I'm always told you will need to escalate and no one calls back.  It is case number 189647986 if you are willing to look into it I sure would appreciate it. 

Thanks for updating us here. If you're already working with our Technical Team, they are in the best position to continue assisting. You can also follow up with us over email at socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OS Community/frj322" in the subject line and we can look into this further.

ndpff5
New Contributor

@frj322 - I purchased a 2024 Yukon Denali and I'm having the same issue.  After 4 recorded trips, the system has stopped recording any further trips.  The vehicle has been sitting at the dealer for ~1 month with the dealer working with onstar but onstar just keeps saying they're working on it but showing zero progress.  Dealer is also frustrated.  Talk about a horrible customer experience after purchasing a brand new vehicle. 

Looking to see if this got resolved for you at all.

We appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention. We would like to learn more regarding the mobile app and your OnStar hardware. So we may, kindly email additional details to socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: OnStar Community/ndpff5 in the subject headline. We are here to help to the best of our abilities.