cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App not connected to ONSTAR services

Camarogirl
New Contributor

Hello, I recently purchased a 2022 GMC Sierra with the new infotainment system. In 3 short weeks my truck ate throw 3GB, I called ONSTAR for support and they blamed me. Apparently, my phone used all my data. The first girl said they have tools to figure out what used the data from the truck but I needed to call tech support. A few days later I call tech support to be told they don’t have tools to diagnose where the data was used and it was all my phone. 3GB gone and not a single app used on the truck. Then, I try to set up myGMC to my app to use the remote start. It tells me that my truck is not connected to ONSTAR services and to press the blue button, so I did. Just to be told the truck is activated and there shouldn’t be an issue. Over an hour on the phone and logged into the website numerous times, through every single page and nothing. The GMC website literally says my truck is NOT connected to ONSTAR services and there’s no place to link my account. When I try to activate ONSTAR on the website it says there’s an error and to call. How am I supposed to use the remote services when the my.gmc.ca says my truck doesn’t have ONSTAR activated, but ONSTAR is saying it is activated!?? Tell my why I’m paying for services that I can’t even use?

10 REPLIES 10

Advisor_Makayla

As an initial troubleshooting step, we recommend that you uninstall then reinstall your myGMC mobile app. This will ensure that you're using the latest most up to date version. Additionally, please ensure you're logging in using the email address that's connected to your GMC Account and that this account is linked to your OnStar Account. If you continue to have difficulties, please send an email to socialmedia@gm.com with your subject line as ‘ATTN: OnStar Community/Camarogirl’ so we can reference back to this post.

blacktruck
New Contributor

my chevrolet won't work! 2 days now and no help

there say its a server issue how much longer!!!

We understand how frustrating it can be when the app isn’t working. Our team would like the opportunity to assist with your concerns and get your myChevrolet App up and running again. To get started, please send us an email with details to socialmedia@gm.com and “ATTN: OnStar Community/blacktruck” in the subject line so we can further assist.

goerge112
New Contributor

There could be several reasons why the app is not connected to ONSTAR services:

1. Poor network connectivity: If the device's network connectivity is weak, the app may not be able to connect to ONSTAR services.

2. Incorrect login credentials: If the user has entered incorrect login credentials, the app will not be able to connect to ONSTAR services.

3. Outdated software: If the app or the device's operating system is outdated, it may not be compatible with the latest version of ONSTAR services, resulting in a connection issue.

4. Maintenance or technical issues: ONSTAR services may be undergoing maintenance or experiencing technical issues, which could result in a temporary disconnection.

5. Subscription issues: If the ONSTAR subscription has expired or is not active, the app will not be able to connect to ONSTAR services.

SgtJo
New Contributor

Same issue here. OnStar was activated but won't connect to the MyGMC app. I've tried everything suggested.

We regret to hear you're experiencing trouble with your mobile app connecting with your vehicle. Our team is more than happy to take a look into things with you and see how we can assist. To get started, please send us an email with more details to socialmedia@gm.com and "ATTN: OnStar Community/SgtJo" in the subject line. We'll keep an eye out for your message. 

malibustorm
New Contributor

Having the exact same issue with My new Malibu. Soooo frustrating. I've tried onStar for help and they gave me the "script" version of how to link and that didn't work because I didn't even have the options they listed in the first place. grrrrr

If you're experiencing connectivity concerns with your mobile app, our team would be happy to assist and look into these issues further. So we may do so, please send us an email with more details to socialmedia@gm.com and "ATTN: OnStar Community/malibustorm" in the subject line. We'll be on the lookout for your response. 

ccp223
New Contributor

I am also having the same issue. Car is connected but the app says I’m not.