cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Hotspot & Apple Carplay greyed out

rbp
New Contributor

I purchased a new 2024 Buick Encore GX in August. Apple Carplay initially worked wirelessly but stopped working about a month after purchase. The carplay icon is grey. I can connect with a usb cable but the icon becomes grey again when unplugged. While troubleshooting the carplay issue, I noticed the wifi network was not showing up on my phone. Called onstar inside the car over 6 times. They pushed several signals but still not working. Escalated it to level 3 tech but still no answers. Now the wifi hotspot icon is always grey (not working). Left button beside onstar button does nothing. I have taken the car to 2 different dealers and both say it's a onstar issue. Tired of having techs just pushing the same signals and not fixing the problem(s).

4 REPLIES 4

Advisor_Chris

This certainly is not the experience that we hope for. Our team would like to learn more information on your concerns. Please send us an email at socialmedia@gm.com. Be sure to include "ATTN: OS Community/rbp" in the subject line so we can best assist. 

MrsDahl
New Contributor

I am having the same issue. I just bought the car less than a week ago. Were you able to get it resolved?

rbp
New Contributor

No, the wifi, hotspot and carplay are still greyed out. However, for some reason the wifi  and wireless carplay worked for a few days in December without me making any changes on my end but then disconnected all of a sudden and is now greyed again. Also, the mybuick app/website wifi setting keeps getting changed to a generic password etc AND is disabled.

We appreciate you sharing your experience here and would like to look into this further. Sometimes Wireless CarPlay and/or Wireless Android Auto may experience occasional service disruption due to outside Wi-Fi interference. Although our Technical Team is already looking into your concern, we would be happy to take a look into this as well. If interested, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com with ‘ATTN: OnStar Community/rbp’ in the subject line.  In the meantime, we recommend using a wired connection to access Android Auto/CarPlay.