cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnStar Maps WiFi not working

Fro081
New Contributor

I have a 2022 Silverado. About a week ago, the green light beside my OnStar button went dark. My WiFi no longer receives signal, my maps doesn’t work and when you push the OnStar button nothing happens. I called OnStar and they did a test & said everything was fine but still not working.

anyone have the same issue, if so what fixed it?

thank you!

Jeffrey Sullins
2 REPLIES 2

Advisor_Helen

We do regret to hear of this hardware trouble. Have you had the opportunity to speak with your certified Chevrolet dealership regarding these concerns? Moving forward, please email socialmedia@gm.com with the subject headline ATTN: OnStar Community/Fro081. Our team will keep an eye out for your reply. 

Rocket
New Contributor

I also had this same issue on a 2023 GM Blazer. I have an unlimited data plan with on-star. Wi-Fi wouldn't work. while doing a Wi-Fi search with phone or laptop I would see the cars Wi-Fi name listed, I could hook up to it, but underneath it said internet not available. my apps on my cars audio system like Spotify or my weather app wouldn't work either because it didn't have an internet signal.  I also got on-star on the line and went through all the hoops.  turn-off Bluetooth to phone. let them send signals, turn off car, get out of car with key fob, step away from vehicle. get back in.  turn car back on after a few minutes etc...

Nothing worked. they said they needed to start a ticket for their technician team, and they would call me back in 3 to 5 business days. 

I ended up researching how many fuse boxes my vehicle had and what fuses controlled what device etc... i found 3 fuses in the fuse box that's under my dash console area, that controlled communication, radio, and something else that sounded like it could have played a part to the Wi-Fi and I made sure the car was completely off, pulled the 3 suspicious fuses out. waited about a minute and put them all back in.  I guess this reset something because my Wi-Fi instantly started working again when i turned the car back on.

I don't know if this is the fix, but it worked for me.

hope you guys figure it out.  Cheers!

PS. before I put all 3 fuses back in, I made sure they weren't blown and needed replaced first.