cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected Guardian charge on new vehicle

millmobile
New Contributor

In speaking with Onstar while going through orientation at the Chevy Dealership for my new 2024 Chevy Silverado I was not told that the Guardian Services would immediately come with a $15.00 monthly fee.  This seems like a racket to me as an immediate monthly charge was never mentioned.  And it isn't apparently an easy thing to cancel either as I can't seem to do it through the app.  It tells me to call.  So we'll see how that goes.  I plan to report this to my credit card company as a scam.  I suspect that somewhere in the documents that I said I had "read" while sitting in the car with an employee of the dealer it says that I'll be billed for this monthly ---- but I didn't want to waste anyones time for what I thought was a free service until I was called at the end of a term to renew.  I will be trying to cancel tomorrow.  This is a very slippery thing which should very definitely be mentioned on the initial call with OnStar at the dealer. 

1 REPLY 1

Advisor_Erin

The Guardian App should come with a trial period, unless you were rolled into the service due to the 2G cellular network sunset. So we can learn more, please send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OS Community/millmobile" in the subject line.